New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

W3rd

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Default W3rd

hello board! Let me start by saying that what landed me here was a crappy car sales man at the ford dealership that tried taking my stang for 600 bucks. Had it not been for that, I would have probably been driving a focus (thank god I'm not). Anyway the guys at honda gave me 2500 for it so I came out happier (I have a whole blogon my myspace if u wanna read how to lose a customer and how to get one). Anyway I was a purebred mustang driver, having totaled my first '68 stangat the age of 16, and driving a 2000 'til about a month ago.

annnnd now I have me a civic! heh I'm still getting used to 4 cyl, it feels like I lost 2 cyls in my pants, but whatever.. at least I get good mileage right (how to get rid of cognitive dissonance!).

about me:

23 live in florida I'm a college student at USF majoring in psychology, I'm a pool boy for my dad's pool shop, have a loving girlfriend. I'm taking her out of the country (first time she'll step foot on a plane, let alone leave the south) to go to my grandfather's 80somethin Bday in Peru (homeland) this september. I've slowed down a lot since about 6 months ago, getting ready for the eventual collapse of our economy I'm learning how to live with less than I am used to. I've been trying to drive my civic as economically as possible, and have no intention of ricing it out or trying to boost my hp past 100 (it'd still be far less than I'm used to). I guess if you want to label me, you could say I'm just trying to grow up.

about stella (gf's name for the car):

she's a 2002 civic ex, bought it at 51000miles for 12k,with a vtec (is that stock or an upgrade?), who will probably never see the vtec kick in because I plan on making this girl live longer than I do (the cigs will make sure of that). manual, blue, no spoiler (AND WILL NEVER HAVE ONE SPOILhER). heh funny story, about 2 weeks after buying her I shut my door and I guess the regulator gave out and the window slammed to the bottom.. after reading a bit I heard this is a common problem (I can't wait to see what other surprises she has).

I'm currently averaging around 40mpg, I've been keeping track of my mileage very dillegently (ef sp), I plan on posting exact numbers and things of that nature later but for now I just want you all to know where I stand.

to be honest I'm pretty happy with the new car, it's just a big change from what I'm used to driving.

What I want out of you:

eh, haven't really been a forum member in a while, would be nice to get to know you all a little. I saw some really neat articles here for mods to do on the car and I love keeping busy so I'll probably try a few of them out. Also, I am sure you will all be great about answering any questions that arise concerning my civi (namely how you get by with 4cyls).

Well the chum has been thrown to sea, lets see how the sharks react!!

I MISS MY MUSTANG!!!

PS: my mustang had a lil thingie that came out of hte headrest to hold the seatbelt in place... I've found myself breaking my arm trying to reach back for the seat belt.. anyone know where I can get one? (I'll buy you a cookie)

Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Default RE: W3rd

welcome!!!!

I'm moving to jacksonville FL in 2 months and attending Flagler college in St. augustine FL and majoring in Psychology too!!

I think you will really love your honda, actually i know you will they are great realible cars... and I love mine

Old 03-25-2008, 05:13 PM

hah that's cool.. where are you moving from? I came down from missouri about2 years ago. took some adjusting but I don't regret it. First year of college? man all I can say is stay away from the dorms... I'm sure they're the same at every school... I didn't get anything done because of all the partying and infighting it was rediculous. So yeah I'm gonna be a 3 year super senior but ya know what? I'M GONNA DO IT!! anyway, let me know if you ever need any help, I have all my old notes saved although I'm sure you'll be able to get by.

As far as loving my honda...... NEVER!! unless they rename civics mustangs and add a real engine!! lol jk I'm really starting to enjoy it, a lot smoother ride and not nearly as hard to drive as the stang.. I actually developed a huge calf muscle courtesy of my mustang's clutch, the honda isn't nearly as hard to work.

PS: my headlights were sunburned when I bought the car, I dunno if you guys know what I mean... but it has a haze. I've seen a couple "do it yourself" videos but they don't seem too convincing. Anyway, I heard that glass headlights don't fade like the plastic ones do, does anyone know if they make them for civics?

0-60 in 2.5 hours

Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM

hah that's cool.. where are you moving from? I came down from missouri about2 years ago. took some adjusting but I don't regret it. First year of college? man all I can say is stay away from the dorms... I'm sure they're the same at every school... I didn't get anything done because of all the partying and infighting it was rediculous. So yeah I'm gonna be a 3 year super senior but ya know what? I'M GONNA DO IT!! anyway, let me know if you ever need any help, I have all my old notes saved although I'm sure you'll be able to get by.

I'm moving from Maryland. Yes it will be my first year, boy am I pumped haha. Oh as for dorm living its mandatory for freshman at my school, but its a dry campus so no parties at alllll and no inner dorm visitation . <-----HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT... but anyways I shall have fun majoring in Psych and I'm a fine arts minor

good luck with your senior year, what are your next plans with the psych pathway??? really curious about what others are doing with their degrees

Old 03-25-2008, 05:24 PM

man the way things are looking I'll probably be using my degree to start a wood fire to keep warm some day - I'm gonna try getting in to grad school and if that fails I'll probably be counceling Gdogs in high school or some sort of drug counseling... there's always an ample supply of addicts that get busted. btw don't get too carried away with the partying man.. heed my warning

Old 03-25-2008, 05:32 PM

yeah actually I'm not much of a party girl..so no need to warn hha I'll just be the designated driver

Old 03-25-2008, 05:41 PM

ah cool, hope you enjoy other people's puke on your seats

Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 PM

1. Welcome
2. Mustangs are gay
3. Missouri is where it's at, don't hate (KCMO)

Old 03-25-2008, 08:19 PM

yeah missouri rocks... I hear ya'll are having a pretty bad drought, how're you dealing with it?

2. you have no right to say mustangs are gay - the backseat of that car gotworn out more in the 5 years I had that car than the civic will for the 20 I'll have it.