New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

What up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Default What up!

Hi, I'm Forest...

Nah, I'm a newbie. Just found the forum on Yahoo.

Car

I have an 02' Civic LX Sedan M/T 1.7L L4 PFI SOHC 16V FWD just purchased a lil over a month ago. The color is a super dark, metal flake blue that looks black until the sunlight hits it. I need to find out the actual color name. Interior is grey w/ black dash andblack accents (steering wheel, floor mats. GO RAIDERS!)

Sounds

I did add a Kenwood DPX-501 wma/mp3/usb cd deck Sirius andhd capable. 4 Kenwood KFC-P507 5.25 240W speakers in door and rear panel. Kenwood KAC-8103D 1000w amplifier.2 Bazooka RSW1024DVC 10" Subwoofers.

Mods

No current mods, but plan on adding crystaleuro projector headlights, altezza crystal tail lights, type-R bumper lips, rear spoiler (unsure if I want body flare or huge tail). Vertical swing lambo door kitsfor the front two doors. Trunk deck lift kit. Verde Diamond 96 style wheels or Verde Pinnacle FWD wheels. I'm not sure if I want to mod the engine or add carbon.
Name:  TomCivic-1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  28.2 KBName:  02civicback.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  81.6 KB

Old 04-01-2007, 11:25 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: What up!

welcome bro! sounds like you got quite a few good ideas for the Civic. Might wanna think twice about the taillights, spoiler and lambo doors though, you might regret it a few months down the linelip kit and projecotrs are always a good idea though welcome to HCF!

Old 04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
DJC

Welcome

Yea bro, skip on the altezza's and bolt-on wing. Some times lambo doors are straight(My friend has them on his del sol). But sounds like u got the interior mods already, i like the idea of the lip kits.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

these folks know what they're talking about. lots of good people on here.

welcome and enjoy

Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM

Thanks 4 the advice. I was reading up on it, and about 70% of enthusiasts dislike the lambo doors for an everyday vehicle. I guess it is mostly for show. The quick jump on the spoiler made me think twice too. The car does look good without it. I'm just trying to get the car looking a little more beefy. I know projector lights and a good set of wheels will do wonders. I was looking at different tail lights today, and there are some that aren't altezza (chrome and circle cut outs), but have a nice dark lens. Smoke Black tail lights or clear LED tail lights.. I also want to add some ground lighting effects too. Where can I find the lighted dashboards at?

Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 AM
HCF Member

if you want a spoiler, get an OEM one. You said you want your car to look more beefy, but make sure you can back it up The main thing in ricers, is trying to look fast, by having crazy lights, and huge wings and look all intimidating. You should start on the performance first, that way someone with a "beefy" looking car will mess with you, and you will stomp on them because you have a sleeper. But its your choice, have fun with it

Old 04-14-2007, 02:33 AM

if you want a spoiler, get an OEM one. You said you want your car to look more beefy, but make sure you can back it up The main thing in ricers, is trying to look fast, by having crazy lights, and huge wings and look all intimidating. You should start on the performance first, that way someone with a "beefy" looking car will mess with you, and you will stomp on them because you have a sleeper. But its your choice, have fun with it
No drag racing or drifting for me[sm=badidea.gif]. TheCHP jumped on that hard here in Sacramento and Stockton. Too many accidents and deaths. They pop hoods and look for mods. I have to make sure it is all legal. I want it to look good, but I don't want to rack up tickets. My kids think adding a fin is a bad idea. I'm addingthe light up stick shift ****, and I replace the pedals tomorrow. I'm thinking about putting some lighting effects on the undercarriage after I get some nice wheels. I can't decide on a color. Blue and Red are tricky, since there is too much gang affiliation with that. Red is my favorite color, but a lot of the interior lights have blue accents. A guy is trying to sell me 5 full size 15 inch wheels with new tireslike these except polished chrome color. He wants 1000.00 bux for all 5 wheels and tires, mounted and ready to roll.. Is that a good deal?