New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Whats up all

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Default Whats up all

This is my first time ever chating online and this might prove to be a little
difficult for me but i am going to give it all 4 cylinders. I currently have a 1989 honda civic hb si with a b18c1 swap stock, it is a wonderfull thing but many probs. First I would like to say if it wasent for my best freind
(THE CHADMAN) I would have never been a tuner we met 8 years ago and since then between the the two of us a 1989 toyota corolla boy it was fast dohc 16 valve all disk brakes independent suspension made for good feet on the ground, a 1990 acura integra with jdm b18b swap what a difference from the usdm b18b, both of them we owend at one time Chad bought both of the cars first then I bought them off him what a little follower I was but who could blame me Chad came from Cali to
Missouri 8 years ago and started telling me about how they could make little rice burners into bad little machines ofcourse I was all about the good oldfasiond v8 hp yaa but I was also curious on how they did it next thing you know 8 years we are got a six car garage with a 95 civic eg with the stock sohc d15 tuned to the max owened my the Chadman a 89 crx si d16 wrecked just for parts and body kit soon to come another acura integra that will most likely become our hobby racing car another 90 ex civic hb that with its d15 block and the crx d16 head we will have another hobby car and lone and behold my civic eg with the 97 acura integra b18c1 swap ya let me tell you what this car is somthing else I found it on auto trader 5 months ago in Pheonix Arizona pretty much done done needed some body work it came with the mugen side skirts on the mugen rear bumper lowering coils in wich the dude had them slamed wich made for a very bumpy ride home and the 97 integra interior and lets not forget about the power station the b18c1 now thats where Chad and I come into a prob, dont know mucch about the swap now I have researcing on this swap and I have been coming into some interesting points, first thing is that I am running a obd2 engine into a obdo harness now the car drove all the way from Az to camdenton Mo thats gods country and ran like a champ all the way home but now it seems i am having problems now I am driving down the road one minute it is smooth going and then it starts acting like either am not getting any spark the motor looses power backfires and eventuallly dies but as soon as I shut it off and turn it back over it runs fine until either I am reving it or running down the road I have changed the plugs,wires,coil,o2 sensor and even checked all of my connections the car is still running off the si ecu and I have tried to get the ecu reading but the light doesent give me any codes and the check engine light has come on do you think that the vtec controller is not engaging and that could be the reason or maybe because I am running two differnt impedance levels that maybe my injectors are not running the right current. All I know is that I have one of the most desired swap in the car and its sitting in my garage collecting dust as I am sanding on it molding the body kit " Maybe I bit off a little more than I can chew and there isnt a person who knows what they are doing on these car for hundreds of miles HELP!!!!!!

Mike

i

Old 06-04-2004, 12:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Whats up all

ORIGINAL: Ratboyz
This is my first time ever chating online and this might prove to be a little
difficult for me
^^^ Didnt seem that difficuly for ya, man that was a long post. J/K... welcome to the forum. Just a heads up... Green is going to tell you that he needs pics, hahaa

Old 06-04-2004, 01:02 AM

new to this stuff have pic on computer just dont know how to post them

Old 06-04-2004, 01:11 AM
NTX
HCF Member

Welcome......i'm sure you'll get your car straightend out.....i hope....

Old 06-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Default thank you for the moral boost

I am just stuck the onlycomputer capable of reading the ecu is 150 miles from my beast and unless I want to spend 300 to 400 on a tow out
trial and error that the only thing and the hope that sombody will have the answer

Old 06-04-2004, 01:37 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: thank you for the moral boost

wow... where do u live? thats a long drive, I figured it would be easier since its a honda.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Default gods country

Like I siad I am in the middle of missouri lake of the ozarks just a couple years behind but trying to catch up me and my boy chad was looking at a couple of dynos on ebay not badly priced at all that would probably make us some money in this town

Old 06-04-2004, 01:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: gods country

That would be sweet to have your own Dyno shop. I pay about $70 a pop here to use one.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:20 AM
Default rollin 17

I have 17" 7 1/2" nippon racing on back and 13 on front when the damn thing was running it wouldnt stop spinning the tires until 3500 in 5th gear and i have all four seventeens but lokking to trade them for some concept fives racing hearts

Old 06-04-2004, 02:20 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: rollin 17

Thats the white hatch?

Quick Reply: Whats up all