New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

XM radio antenna and receiver

Old 03-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Default XM radio antenna and receiver

Hi,

I bought a 2007 civic EX. The radio is XM ready which I thought meant all I had to do was buy the monthly subscription and I should be ready to go. However, it turns out I need to buy a receiver and antenna for the radio to enable xm radio in my car. The dealership is charging around 270 bucks for everything. Does anyone know where I can get those parts for cheaper than this?

Thanks a million in advance,
KZ

Old 03-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Default RE: XM radio antenna and receiver

just get Sirius

Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: XM radio antenna and receiver

oh lord, here we go with the little doggie company... I've had both serius and xm, and i much prefer the xm, better reception, better programming, smaller equipment, shal i go on? as far as adding the xm unit to your factory head unit, you'll need to find out if its some kind of propritary system... i know of a few aftermarket head units that are seriusor xm ready, and the tuner box is head unit specific, meaning that it will only work with certain head units.. as for the factoryhead unit, i really couldnt tell you... but i wouldnt think that the install would be all that hard.. i would think that routing the antenna cable and mounting it would be about the hardest part.. that is if your comfortable with pulling your head unit to get to the connections... also, be carefull, i work on some honda ecu's and i cant count the # of units we get back fried cause someone tried to install thier aftermarket sterio, tapped into some wire, or got something crossed and fried the ecu... so be carefull when your playing around with the wires under the dash....