News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on HCF happenings! Just take a look.

Help HCF!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Default Help HCF!!

Do you have any type of information pertaining to Civics that you can contribute? If so, we at HCF would greatly appreciate if you could PM me with such info. IT does not matter how simple the information is, it may help someone. DIYs (do-it-yourself) on anything, from installing a turbo (thank you spoon95) to changing your oil (not done yet) may help someone who does not know alot about cars, or someone who is new to doing their own work. It does not even have to be something specific to Civics, so long as it might benefit someone on the forum!

Also, any sort of general information, such as engine code information, is greatly appreciated. If someone could do a quick breakdown of things like what years are what gen, what engines were offered in what models/generations, etc, it saves new members the trouble of having to ask...a million times. If anyone has anything to add to the forum, regardless of how simple it may seem to you but it may help someone else on the forum, which is something that really helps a forum grow. So, if ANYONE has things to add to the forum, please drop me a PM, and we can discuss it.

Thanks,
-Patrick

Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Help HCF!!

You still got the link to the "generation information" i sent you??

Old 12-05-2005, 11:18 AM
mxs
HCF Member

I owe you about 4 DIY's... I'll try to get them done soon.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:59 AM

I'd love a DIY on an oil change. I can't really watch around my house, cause of all the family issues. I try and watch at work, but it's mostly on dump truck's and heavy duty pick up's, which won't help me for my civic... anyway thanks if anyone does an oil change DIY!!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
HCF Member

I posted a thing in the general tech and in the ecu forums, they just need to be stickied.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Administrator

md420, if you can PM me a link, i will help you out...and we can discuss your other question more in depth.

civicboy, if you want an explanation on how to change the oil, i can tell you, as it is fairly easy on the civics, or so i felt, from when i was a tech.

forty, im not sure...refresh my memory?

i did an engine decoding chart for nissan and mitsubishi, and when they are live, i will be able to provide an example of what i mean...

Old 12-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

haha, I should probably be more specific, i forget that you deal with like 50 forums...anywho

You had asked about including the year's for each Generation in the product review section, and I believe I pm'ed you a link to a web site with pics, years, and a brief description of each. No worries, I will hunt it down and post the link again here.

EDIT Here you go. This is Torontocivic's, but the original source is Edmunds

Old 12-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

oh, i do have that..i couldnt decide out where to post it...pm me.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:42 PM

thanks patrick, I'll let ya know when it comes time...

I'm gonna have Kevin, 90civterga, install all my mods in about 15 monthes,(if I still live at home) and I'll give him a camera and see if he wants to do alot of DIY's, air intake, header, exhaust, pully wheel, ECU chip, gauges, speakers, sub, amp, springs, shocks, strut, strut bars, car alarm, radar system, brake pads and brake rotors, I'm sure he'll be too busy to do all of em, but mybe a few wouldn't hurt

Old 12-05-2005, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: civicboy01

I'd love a DIY on an oil change. I can't really watch around my house, cause of all the family issues. I try and watch at work, but it's mostly on dump truck's and heavy duty pick up's, which won't help me for my civic... anyway thanks if anyone does an oil change DIY!!
I'll make one next time i change my oil, or next time I'm under the car to take pics. It's really straighforward.

Quick Reply: Help HCF!!