Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

14b installed! Headlift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:19 PM
HCF Member
Default 14b installed! Headlift?

So i finally got my new turbo installed. HF manifold to adapter plate, then a 14b gated at 7 PSI, have a new custom oil feed from American Street Rod.com, they also supplied my new oil drain house, had to really get creative with the new charge piping, cleaned up my injector wires and fixed my BOV (sooooo loud now!), still need my downpipe welded, but i finally got it running! It was sooooo solid, no oil leaks, everything was installed tightly and seemed to be working great. I took it literally around the block one time, the BOV went off proabbly 5 or 6 times, got back to the house (literally, one block loop), and my engine was DOUSED in oil. Mostly in front of the engine, above the turbo. I then looked and it was leaking out frrom below my valve cover and also pooling in the bolts i used to attach my manifold to my turbo. So it seems as though i have some head lift, sound right to you guys? Gonna get some ARP headstuds, then exhaust welded and then for the tune!

Also got a new basemap from Phearable for the new turbo, they disabled my IACV and it is running soooooo smooth, just loud because no exhaust! haha

Old 09-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Snail'n Admin

WOOT!...yea, get that ish fixed, like ASAP, did you remove your head at any time?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
HCF Member

nope never been inside my engine

sound like head lift to you guys?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

I dont think it would be headlift, when I ran 9psi on my JDM D15B with a 14b turbo for a year, I had no problems like that. I do know I had some minor headlift because when i was boosting some of my coolant sometimes came out the overflow.
Is it possible its leaking from your valve cover gasket?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

why in the **** are you still trying to romp on it without a tune?!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
HCF Member

i wasn't romping on it, i got up into 3rd gear once, i drove it around one block in a 25 mph neighborhood, not on the highway. I haven't drove it in 3 weeks so i had to jump it and charge my battery and make sure there was no leaks. It ran perfectly, smoothly, no oil leaks, one trip around hte block, come back, and oil is coming out from under my valve cover. So yeah i guess theres a big possibility of a valve cover gasket. There was no coolant leaking anywhere, just oi leaking out from under the valve cover.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720
i wasn't romping on it, i got up into 3rd gear once, i drove it around one block in a 25 mph neighborhood, not on the highway. I haven't drove it in 3 weeks so i had to jump it and charge my battery and make sure there was no leaks. It ran perfectly, smoothly, no oil leaks, one trip around hte block, come back, and oil is coming out from under my valve cover. So yeah i guess theres a big possibility of a valve cover gasket. There was no coolant leaking anywhere, just oi leaking out from under the valve cover.
Ya, im not pro but it sounds like a valve cover gasket. Try replacing it and make sure the valve cover is tightened to specs, those bolts break really easily, trust me...

Old 09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

will do. Talked to Trent a lot and the headstuds seem pretty straight forward, a new valve cover gasket and headstuds would probably do me good.

Also, i figured out that i have waaaaaaaaaay too much oil in there, i thought it was a lot lower than it was when i added oil after hte 14b installation. Think having too much oil in there had anything to do with it?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

buuuuuuuuump, come on Sov, anybody anybody know anyting?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Snail'n Admin

i already told you that theres a good chance that wouldnt help the matter. im assuming your oil was cold and probably still fairly thick, and you got on it a lil bit, i could squeeze oil out of the gaskets, and havin too much would not help the problem. Chances are that your biggest problem is the VC gasket

Quick Reply: 14b installed! Headlift?