Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

1999 Civic Si Turbo B16a2 constant problems??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 06:18 AM
HCF Member
Default 1999 Civic Si Turbo B16a2 constant problems??

Ok I bought the car already turbo and cracked a ring 2 days after...so off to rebuilding I bought another b16a2 block, got eagle rods, 9.0 compression cp pistons, crank girdle, new oil pump, water pump timing belt, and also got head redone plus a 3 angle job...

Problems problems

-I takes a while for it to turn over sometimes, but i think that problem is i have 550cc injectors which are flooding the cylinder, and it runs rich...so i got a ecu tuned and now it cranks better and saves gas, but it still smokes from the unburned fuel...

-i was having over heating issue on a very hot day...the fan would not come on, so i wired the fan to come on as soon as i turn the switch...that fixed the problem until a couple days later, if i do a lot of driving and go into boost alot it will try to run hot but ease back down...but only made it 3/4 up once but i turned car off before it made its was to the H...im hoping i didnt warp the head gasket...

--turbo problems
-i was drivng a long and got into boost and lost all power and was running just all motor...pulled over and a plug for my ac unit was jammed in side turbo, took it out, cranked car, heavy white(ish) smoke...drove it no smoke, but still no boost, so i checked again and a second plug went in, then i realized a turbo piping was lose. I drove it home fixed the piping and put a temporary screen on turbo...now it smokes heavily at idle and when i crank in morning, but dont when im driving it...

what can the problem be this time?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

Now it's blowing black smoke...I came to the conclusion that my 550cc injectors a too high...I'm running very rich, and I also needs it retuned...I will be getting 450cc or 350cc injectors