Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

b18 non vetec turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
HCF Member
Default b18 non vetec turbo

after wrecking my honda(go to d16y7 turbo to see pics of the wrecked car) i decided to buy a 92 integra ls for a 1000... it has a b18 non vetec in it and he just recently replaced the head gasket and resurfaced the head it has over 200k miles on it... now i still have my turbo i bought for my honda.. will it fit on the integra if i just buy a b series turbo manifold.. and do i stil used the dsm450cc injectors?? and is the engine okay to be boosted about 6lbs... also i might plan on getting new rods and piston for the car so the turbo wont blow it up.. wat rods and piston should i get and what else do i need to do to it for it to be bullet proof

Old 05-24-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by crfnguyen
i decided to buy a 92 integra ls for a 1000... it has a b18 non vtec in it and he just recently replaced the head gasket and resurfaced the head it has over 200k miles on it...
*word* The underlined portion has been fix't!

now i still have my turbo i bought for my honda.. 1.will it fit on the integra if i just buy a b series turbo manifold.. 2.and do i stil used the dsm450cc injectors?? 3.and is the engine okay to be boosted about 6lbs... 4a.also i might plan on getting new rods and piston for the car so the turbo wont blow it up.. 4b.wat rods and piston should i get 5.and what else do i need to do to it for it to be bullet proof
Phew... ok..here we go:
1. Yes the turbo would fit with a different manifold, the IC piping will need to be changed & the downpipe may need to be modified. You would also need to tap the new oil pan.

2. You can use the same injectors you had previously.

3. Do a compression check/leak down test to check the motor's health.

4a. Rods and pistons are inside the block, the turbo is mounted to a manifold, which is attached to the head. The rods and pistons will not blow a turbo up, unless a piston/valve gets f@cked and a piece somehow goes through the turbo.

4b. Depends on your goals.

5. Search. I will not be the one to spoon feed you information. We have a nice amount of information stickied in the turbo/supercharger/nitrous section.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

okay well thanks for the tip aobut the ic piping...

i didnt say if it will blow the turbo up.. i said so it blow my engine up..

and for the search alright ill search but next time just spoon feed it to me while your telling me about everything else... no reason not to help someone out if you know the information they need.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Chubby Chaser

it gets very boring and very tiring to answer the same old questions over and over and over and over everytime a new member comes one thats why we have stickies on the top of every section to help answer the most common questions. then after reading the info you can ask any questions that were not implied or that you didnt understand.

just curious did you even have your ecu tuned for the turbo?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 AM
HCF Member

i didnt even install the turbo yet.. i wrecked it 2 weeks before i was gonna put it in.. now it's sitting in my closet.. got me a turbocharged closet.....

Old 05-25-2010, 05:36 AM

got me a turbocharged closet.....
that was pretty funny

Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Super Cereal Admin

got me a turbocharged closet.....
I had one of those for a while. Then I decided to go back to my old N/A closet so I sold the snail

Anyway,

1) what cv said
2) what cv said
3) 6lbs means nothing, really. 6psi in a straw is a lot less air than 6psi in a 6" sewer pipe of the same length; what you need to be concerned with is the power level. As per the Forced Induction FAQ sticky, the b18b1 can withstand about 300whp on the stock internals with a good tune
4a) not really a question, but with a good tune and keeping it under 300whp, it's not really necessary.
4b) that's more of a brand loyalty deal. Do some research, find out what everyone else is using, and go with the general consensus if you must; honestly, I'm not too knowledgeable on what bottom-end components by what brand are good.
5) check out this guide; it'll tell you what you need to have and what's nice to have. Please ignore the random symbols as we're still in the middle of updating the DIY sections

(and a lot of members get annoyed by extremely general questions because they're asked so often; you need to help yourself before we help you )

Old 05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
HCF Member

just a quick question. how does having a vtec engine play with a turbo? meaning a turbo usually spools around 2800-3500rpm right? vtec comes on around 5500rpm. does having boost pressure affect the vtec coming on that high? seems like all that going on would affect the engine.. just a thought.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
a lot of members get annoyed by extremely general questions because they're asked so often; you need to help yourself before we help you
I usually don't post in a thread with someone asking questions unless I feel that the OP actually has done at least some research on the topic. Not trying to be a d!ck, so don't take it that way.

Originally Posted by kk5150
just a quick question. how does having a vtec engine play with a turbo? meaning a turbo usually spools around 2800-3500rpm right? vtec comes on around 5500rpm. does having boost pressure affect the vtec coming on that high? seems like all that going on would affect the engine.. just a thought.
There are ALOT of different variables which come into play for determining when a turbo will spool and reach the desired amount of boost. VTEC opens the valves more and longer (technically), thus allowing more of an air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber prior to ignition. I am not sure how all "that" going on would affect the motor negatively.

Oh and BTW, I am sure some have changed their VTEC engagement to a different point in the rpm band. Mine is set at 3500rpms right now.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 05-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

^^^^ ok that makes sense. is there a way to change the vtec without getting the ECU programmed? or is that the only way

Quick Reply: b18 non vetec turbo