Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

boosted Gas Mileage, wow

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Default boosted Gas Mileage, wow

Just got back from a 200 mile trip with an observed mileage of 42 mpg. I can't recall ever having gotten more than 33 or so before the supercharger. I wasn't grannying it either, I was going 80-90 mph the whole way. Nice.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Default RE: boosted Gas Mileage, wow

wow thats freakin awsome!!!!!!1!!11! one!

Old 11-13-2005, 02:15 PM

sweet!

Old 11-13-2005, 02:15 PM

what supercharger do you have?

Old 11-13-2005, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: z6 FoRiLLa

what supercharger do you have?
Jackson Racing SC @ ~6 lbs.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:26 PM

how do you like it? what's your set up? I'm looking at getting one for my z6. Do you have a problem with spinning tires? What kind of numbers are you putting down? Sorry for all the questions but im really considering buying one. Thanks

Old 11-13-2005, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: z6 FoRiLLa

how do you like it? what's your set up? I'm looking at getting one for my z6. Do you have a problem with spinning tires? What kind of numbers are you putting down? Sorry for all the questions but im really considering buying one. Thanks
Well keep in mind first that my Civic is an automatic [:'(] so my numbers are not what they could be. Better to compare relative numbers than absolute. Before the charger, my best 0-60 was 9.9 seconds. Since the charger, my best 0-60 is 7.4 seconds. My quarter with the charger is 15.9, but I think I could shave another tenth off of that since I hesitated between "2nd" and "3rd" when I did that run. I never ran the quarter before the charger but I feel sure it was in the 18's if not worse.

I'm running the charger with JR FPR (came with the kit), MSD ignition, cap, rotor, coil, super conductor wires, and a modified AEM SRI. Stock exhaust for now. Like I said the absolute numbers are not that hot but it's still a nice fat improvement over stock. 2.5 seconds off my 0-60 and probably 2 seconds or more off my quarter. That's pretty much what Jackson Racing advertises on their website, so I can't complain about the charger itself. My only complaints are the whistling from my AEM SRI under light acceleration is even louder now (sounds almost like a giant canary whistling at a hot girl) and the fact that I can't take advantage of full boost in higher gears since the automatic downshifts when I push the throttle too far. Just makes me wish I had a 5 speed even more.

Anyway, the low end performance is great around town, which is 90% of my driving if not more. Highway driving is greatly improved as well, although again, it'd be even better with a stick. Obviously my highway mileage has picked up a lot more than my city mileage has dropped (I get about 25-26 in the city now with typical driving, compared to 26-28 before). I don't really have any traction problems since it's an auto, although if I floor it from a stop or a slow roll, it will chirp the tires 3 or 4 times. Have to be a little more careful in the rain, since it's easy to spin all the way through first on takeoff if you're not careful. Same thing applies to "dirty" roads.

Smooth strong takeoffs from a stop and nailing it from cruising speed are a lot of fun. Throws you back in your seat good and hard. Just don't do it too much or A) your mileage won't be anywhere near 25 and B) everyone around you will think you're a jackass

Old 11-13-2005, 06:30 PM

Holy crap. I do NOT get it. I wish I got that kind of mileage stock, let alone with a supercharger...

Old 11-14-2005, 12:22 AM
HCF Member

anything other than displacement that adds power does so by increasing the efficiency of the motor, so if you are using the more powerful motor approximately the same as you would have used the less powerful motor, then mileage should go up. notice he said he wasnt grannying it either, but he didnt say he was driving noticeable harder than norrmal either. hell, if he did granny it, hed probably break 50 mpg.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:12 PM

Then he could find an 18-wheeler to draft off of and hed probly break 65. What kind of gas mileage do you think I'll get on the highway with the turbo?

Quick Reply: boosted Gas Mileage, wow