Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

boosting a civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Default boosting a civic

I am looking at getting an 95-2000 civic and droping a new moter in then bosting it. I was wondering if any one could help me with prices and power out put. And i would like to get about 250-300 whp.

Right now im looking at a b16 top end and a b18 botton end and not sure what kind of turbo i should look for.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: bosting a civic

First of all, you want to boost your civic, not bost it. It looks like you want to get a GSR block and a B16 head, which is a pretty good combo for a turbo application. I don't know that you can run 300HP on a stock engine, so you might want to look into rebuilding the engine. My suggestion would be to buy the engine and rebuild it with forged internals. If you are going to rebuild the engine, look into buy an engine that has lots of miles or an oil leak as rebuilding the engine will get rid of both of these problems and you will be able to buy the engine for cheaper. There is a thread in the DIY section that tells you how can run a turbo with 7PSI of boost for about $1000, so check that out.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i think with the combo that you are looking at with the b18 block and b16 head you would probably need to push 9-11psi to get to those numbers depending on the compression and tune etc...

t3 would be nice or like a ballbearing t3/t4 would be even better

Old 04-09-2006, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

It all depends on your budget. Wanna go as cheap as possible? Get a new motor........but dont install it. Take it somewhere and get it built. When its all ready, get it swapped into your car and then install a turbo kit. Once youve done that you can trailor it to a tuner, and get your p28 socketed, and tuned for 350 or whatever power your after. Just remember though, a daily driven honda with 350HP is overkill. 275WHP would rock your socks off, esp in a coupe or hatch.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

What if he got a boost controller and an adjustable FPR, so when he is driving it to work, school, whatever he could lower the fuel pressure and put the boost controller to the lowest setting. Also hook up a laptop to a stand alone or piggyback and change the settings. Then when its time to goto the track or race, put the fuel pressure back up and turn the boost up and change the settings to the high HP setting. I'm not sure if you could do that with a piggyback or a stand alone, but i would think it would be possible.

Old 04-09-2006, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

with some ecu tuning programs there can be 2 tunes. Street and track. 350whp gets expensive fast thou. Hed be snapping stock axles at the track regularly....and etc etc.......its just lots of money to get that kinda power into a dd civic.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yeah of you are gonna do the track and dd idea i would go with a afc-2 because you can set 2 differnt mods like when you are just cruising around have it on setting 1 daily driving and then go to the track and set it to setting 2 and bam 350hp

Old 04-10-2006, 12:58 AM

I'm pretty sure you can do that almost any fuel management system, I know you can with the emanage, I'd sure hope you could with the more expensive stand alone's.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:04 AM
HCF Member

Honestly the SAFC2 is like a freaking band aid. If youre serious about this "Goal" then go for aem's 'EMS" or NEPTUNE!

id go neptune (thats what ill be using shortly)

Old 04-10-2006, 01:07 AM

i'd aggree, I've used the apexi product and it is the worse one out there in my opinion.

Quick Reply: boosting a civic