Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

cam?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Default cam?

currently n/a but lookin into turbo. need cam that will do good n/a but just as good turboed

Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: cam?

Youd wanna get a Crower turbo cam, but it wont do you any good running a turbo cam NA. The cam will most likely need new valvesprings and retainers, so the price will escalate pretty quick. Take the extra 350$ and work towards the turbo. Im boosting now with a stock cam.........its just id rather boost first, and then start upgrading later.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

what engine do you have?

Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM

For the most part, stock bumpsticks can handle a pretty good amount of boost, and horsepower. So like Pete said, go ahead and get the turbo, and THEN upgrade the engine. Ive heard Skunk2 also makes a good turbo cam, but again, it would be best to run it with their springs and retainers.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

^^^not neccessarily true. its true for cams and stuff...but bottom end you wanna do turbo later, because otherwise you have to strip the block of everything plus the turbo to ship it off or take it in to get bored, sleeved, stroked...ect. its just easier to turbo AFTER doing the bottom end.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM

I3unny, I was just talking about the stock cams. Obviously, if youre going for high boost applications, youll want to sleeve, bore/stroke the block, but youd also want to swap out the stock cams for stronger ones, that work better with turbos. But, for low boost situations, as is typical with most, you wouldnt neccessarily need to switch cams, and wouldnt need to do much at all to the bottom end.

But I do see what youre saying. I guess I just took for granted the fact that he migh want want to have a beastlier engine instead of a daily driver.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 PM
HCF Member

yeah i knew what you meant i was just clarifying hte fact that there are some things that he may wanna do before turbo...but yeah i understand what ur saying...that a turbo cam will kill the power on a N/A car

Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

Well im thinking that he doesnt have the money to get everything done at one time. So hell end up doing what most do..........boost, then build. If you install a turbo on a stock D16Z6 its not a big deal doing the bottom end later.......the only extra thing to remove would be the turbo/manifold.......and thats not hard. Besides, you can run 200WHP on a stock bottom end.........so assuming hes going to get a tune, stock internals should be okay for a little bit. If ya got any q's on boost ya can PM me or AIM me on dashboard91 and we can chat.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:14 PM

WELL THANKS GUYS BUT THE CROWER OR SKUNK2 CAM WONT WORK I HAVE A Y7 MOTOR AND THEY ONLY PUT OUT PRODUCTS FOR THE VTECH MOTORS SO... IVE BEEN TOLD DELTA IS GOOD

Old 01-12-2006, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

Its VTEC. I suggest doing a MINI ME conversion. This is where you take a VTEC head and mount it onto your NON VTEC head........thus giving ur car VTEC and an xtra 25 ponies or so.

Quick Reply: cam?