Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Can you install a Blowoff without a Turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 05:43 AM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: Can you install a Blowoff without a Turbo??

there's not enough pressure to get the real BOV to work on a n/a engine.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

i think if you put one on backwards, with the outlet going into the intake manifold, it might make a sucking noise, but then the vacuum which opens the valve would be lost, so i dont think it would open far enough or long enough to really make any noise. and also, if you let in a big shot of air when the throttle plate is closed, it will screw with the idle, so i dont think anything would really work. i dont think this is at all feasible, and im not suggesting it at all. im just throwing out a theory. and im sure as hell not going to drill a fat hole in my intake manifold to test it.

Old 09-25-2004, 01:27 PM

i agree with the rest of the guys just save up and buy the turbo

Old 09-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

THE RISK RICE LIST:

1. Windshield washer lights, seem cute, then you get clowned on eternally

2. Our non-turbo blow off valve, the bitches might enjoy it for a moment, but once they see you get smoked, enjoy spooning your pillow for the night

3. Exhaust ring tip light, cause hey, we all love lighting effects that require you to be a foot away to see them

4. "Chirpers", seriously, what the **** is the point?

5. The PVC fake roll bars in hatchbacks.............just plain sad.

I'd go so far as to say Altezzas, but I'm still debating whether or not I want to rock mine once I get my windows tinted. But what it all comes down to is your personal style. If you rock any of this and truly enjoy it, then right on. If you're doing this stuff to be a wannabe Fast and Furious superstar, then maybe it's time to look inside yourself, rather than to your car, to see what's really going to make you happy. Zen tao.

Old 09-28-2004, 05:33 PM

Let's watch the language ok!!!!!!!!!!! [:@]

Old 09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
HCF Member

4. "Chirpers", seriously, what the f*** is the point?
what is a chirper?

Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 09-29-2004, 11:01 AM

yea wtf is a chirper? dont think ive heard of that

Old 12-05-2004, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: dalifts

Hey i was wondering if you could install some type of blow off without actually having a Turbo. I love the sound of a Blow off valve while your shifting. Any way possible to get that without a turbo???
Wow. You are completely missing the entire point of a blowoff valve. Let me try to explain this. A turbo uses the exhaust gasses to spin a turbine that pressurizes the air going into the engine. When you let go of the gas pedal when you are shifting, the throttle plate closes, causing a lot of back pressure. This extra pressure is realeased through the blow-off valve. In a NA engine, there is a vacuum, which is the exact opposite of pressure, created by the pistons on the intake stroke . Since a BOV makes the sound you are looking for because of pressurized air, im afraid you're out of luck unless you buy one of those rice BOV sound maker thingys. Or like sacicons suggested, you could try putting one on backwards. The only problem with that is that the BOV would be open all the time unless you had it set to like 20 - 25 psi. And even then it wouldnt make the sound when you shifted, just when you got into the higher RPM range.

Quick Reply: Can you install a Blowoff without a Turbo??