Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Check out this deal I'm lookin at

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 PM
HCF Member
Default Check out this deal I'm lookin at

Well i have been going back and forth about getting a turbo kit or just piecing one together myself. But then i stumbled onto this tonight and just might ****** it because of the price. I mean this is one hell of a deal isnt it? All i would really have to do is just clean up the parts for cosmetic looks and then install it. And since it came off a 98 and I have a 99 i think everything would mount up the same. My only problem is that right now I would only have the money to pay for the kit bellow and was wondering if I could limp around on the apexi till i could get it a good tune? Lemmie know your guys thoughts...Ive been doing a lot of research and am seriously considering buying this sucker.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/900041728.html

Last edited by croninc; 10-30-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
HCF Member

It looks like a good kit, i would ask him if it has any shaft play. The apexi might be ok to use if you have a wideband air/fuel gauge to monitor. Get it tuned right away though.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:53 AM
HCF Member

yea it looks decent and he said the apexi worked fine for him. I'm thinking the apexi would be fine for me though because I plan on only running 6psi at the max until I can get my ecu chipped and tuned. What are your guys opinions on this? Remember I'm on a budge.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

I would grab the kit but just save it until you get the ecu chipped.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 AM
HCF Member

yea but you know when you get something new and you really want to use it lol. Well I probably wouldnt get installed till the summer because i have have time durning the skool year and plus it would allow me to save up money from christmas and my bday for other things i will need

Last edited by croninc; 10-31-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT use that piggyback. Totally get that kit, it has almost everything you need, but then get an OBD1 conversion harness, chipped ECU, and a basemap from Phearable get it ACTUALLY tuned. Not some AFC janky POS. That definitely looks liek a solid kit, if i wasn't boosted already i would get it haha. Just do NOT use that thing to tune with. I know its tempting, but it'll be worth the extra money and wait to have that thing nice and tuned.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Cat Fuсker

There is nothing wrong with using a piggy-back if you get it done right. There are tons of piggyback tuned cars runnign around with no issues.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:16 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Roto
There is nothing wrong with using a piggy-back if you get it done right. There are tons of piggyback tuned cars runnign around with no issues.
i'm gonna quote you on this sometime in the future.....

Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720
i'm gonna quote you on this sometime in the future.....

Go ahead. The only reason many people don't go with a piggyback on a honda is cause it's actually cheaper to go to OBD1 and have a fully controlled car. However having to pass emissions on an OBD2 car becomes impossible with the OBD1 downgrade. (Unless you use my method )

Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

lol thanks for the input guys, I probably will just wait and get my ecu chipped because the install wont go down until the summer, so by then ill have plenty of money to screw around with, plus i can sell the apexi. O and btw I have talked him down to $700!!!!! Crazy Deal just need to get some things sold and I will go pick it up.

Quick Reply: Check out this deal I'm lookin at