Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Collecting Turbo Parts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
HCF Member
Default Collecting Turbo Parts...

Ran Across this and wanted to know opinions... I have d16y8 and am going to run stock internals, (possibly build later) and I am just going to piece together a good turbo kit over time from the stuff I find on cl... anyway I have already located an iron manifold for 60 bucks.

This is what I wanted the opinion on:

~Turbonetics T3/T4 50 Trim (what are your thoughts on this turbo) 180.00 by the way... coming from the same guy with manifold...also what should I check for before purchasing this to make sure I am not getting ripped off?

I want to build it to where I dont blow my internals 5-7 Psi max for this motor + already compression tested btw. I know I need much more than just this stuff too as this is going to be a long term project.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 PM

i'd go closer to 7-8 psi, but yea it's a 50 trim so I would think you should reach 200WHP at 8 psi.

$180 is a good deal. Turbonetics makes good turbos.

Look for shaft play, and broken fins. Ask about the oil seals (if they leak or the turbo smokes). Side to side shaft play is no good. In/out is bad too, but not as bad. A tiny bit of in/out shaft play is okay and is normal to find on a used turbo. If it's a lot of in/out though, don't get it.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

if everything trust said check outs, then that is a good deal and a good starting point. If you dont have the intercooler or piping yet i recommend you check out ebay. Something like this will be fine ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTER...mZ260402887113

Next look for a bov and im not sure if your turbo is internally or externally wastegated, but im guesing its externally. So you will also want to get a external wastegate. Dont cheap out on these two parts because they are very important in letting out air at the correct times and will protect the longevity of your turbo and keep your motor from blowing. Well this is just a start and hope you find some good deals!

Old 05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

Nice! Thanks for the help! And thanks for the link to the intercooler and piping... I need to meet up with the guy and see the condition of the turbo... you just cant trust peoples words on that site!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

yeah forsure. People will say anything to sell something. Infact hopefully tomorrow i will be going to look a turbo. Starting the same thing you are, collection parts slowly and plan on doing the install my sophmore year in college. 2+ years away LOL!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 AM

hit me up for turbo parts.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ladyinred05
hit me up for turbo parts.
What parts do you have?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

hey man i was in the same situation like half a year ago and the more i read i decided to do a partial buld and get some vitaras for my y8, already have my kit peiced together just getting the money for tune and vitaras, i-beams...ect
so if your planning to build later i say go bigger

Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

yup thats the plan, i mean over the coarse of two years u can get a lot of parts

Old 06-03-2009, 03:12 PM

i got custom intake plenum, top rail injectors and top feed injectors.

Quick Reply: Collecting Turbo Parts...