Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Fuel Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Fuel Problems?

get rid of the fmu, you dont need it with rc310cc injectors and a vafc-2, it sounds like you are giving way to much fuel to the engine.... get the car on the dyno with a new o2 sensor and plugs and get it tuned and then i bet you wont be blowing black smoke out the end and will make more power safely

Old 05-27-2006, 10:03 AM

Its not too much, its almost like to little. I just put the FMU on it like two weeks ago, its been having this problem for 4 months, so its not too much fuel. When i did put the FMU on, i could finally push the gas to the floor, before it would sit there and sputter because lack of fuel. The thing is, im in school full time, living off student loans, and can get to work 1 day a week. So, at $150 an hour on the dyno, its just not going to happen right now. My girlfriend would kill me if i spent that on dyno instead of groceries, cell bill, internet, etc...

Old 05-27-2006, 04:24 PM
HCF Member

So you put the anti freeze/water remover in the tank, and noticed no difference right? Man, I dont know what to tell you. The problem seems really similar to mine, but the water remover cured it. Try reseting your ECU. Did anything else happen that day when you put the gas from the Walmart gas station, or you're strictly set out on it being the gas?

Old 05-30-2006, 09:26 AM

You have me about lost. I dont think your plugs and wires and filter would be bad they should last a long time with no problems. You could raplace your cap and rotor but why keep throwing parts at it and spending money you dont have i have been in the same sittuation you are in and i understand. I dont know how getting rid of the FMU will help you have to rise the fuel pressure some how on a car that is not turboed stock because the ECU donsent know what boost is thay only know vacume. The only thing is does it rase to much or not enought. do you have a pressure guage that you can see when driveing if not get one and report back on what pressures and at what RPM. We can diagnose the problem at that point. also you could try pulling the plugs right after running to see if they are wet or white or black let us know they should be a chockletty brown.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:02 PM

Ok, plugs are good, i pulled them and there is the normal wear on them, nothing out of the ordinary. The cap and rotor are brand new, its not them. The pressure guage is inside the bay, so i cant see when im driving. But, there have been new developments, now sitting at idle, it will bog down, then go dead, the motor just shuts off, then its a little tough trying to start it back up. Does this sound like a stuck injector to anyone?? When it boggs down, there is kind of a strong smell of gas, and then it cuts off. Is the injector sticking open and flooding the motor?? PLease let me know if this sounds like a legit diagnosis.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

Hmmm......... Dude, try this ok. Take out your aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, and just connect the fuel line from the tank to the rail and see what happens. Let me know.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

when you say you were broke and put walmart gas in it.......does that mean its 87 octane?

Old 05-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member

thats another good point pete^^^

Old 06-04-2006, 02:37 AM

Ok, sorry, have been out of town, so for the past 2 posts, i dont have a aftermarket regulator, its the factory one, and about the gas, when i did put the walmart brand in, it was still the premium.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:02 AM

I wouldnt thing the gas is messing it up that bad however it can do weard things. are you running the the vortech fmu as you have listed above if so could that be the problem how long did you have it hooked up before you had these problems. and/or could the stock FPR be getting screwed up not giving you larger injectors enough fuel or do you have an aftermarket pump where you are overrunning your stock FPR, or is you pump dying. However these things will really only make a difference if you are running lean but it really sounds like you are running rich. Id say pull your plugs and check again take a pict and post hear do they have a white or are they black a pict would say a thousand words. Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel Problems?