Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Gas mileage gone to 11MPG!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Default Gas mileage gone to 11MPG!!!???

Hey everyone im new as you can see to this site, alittle back ground, i have drag cars but not imports 68 camaros without the EFI and now thats why im here. i recently purchased a 99 civic with a greddy turbo install and many other goodies as well but for right now i need help with this gas mileage!! ok so i am not the greatest when it comes to EFI but i do think i have some knowledge when it comes to it. heres what i know. First there is a Vortech FMU im not for sure what disc is in it because all of this stuff was installed prior to me buying(which i hate not knowing what they have done!) also as for the injectors im not for sure on if they are stock or not? any way to tell from the outside? it is intercooled and has a type s blowoff valve if that is of any help. also it is not tuned properly seems rich in low RPMS and alittle lean up top, which is probably the main reason. (anyone know of a good tuning shop with a dyno in central Illinois?) as for what boost im running and what the air/fuel ratio is doing im not for sure there are no gauges but i did order them and should get them today and installed. also i looked at the plugs they are normal brownish white clean but not to lean. as for the fuel pump i think its stock even though the gas gauge doesnt work ? fuel rail is a AEM. stock catylitic converter is still on. anything else that might affect this please let me know? oh also i have the apex v-afc which i have no clue about tuning(need a dyno? and a pro? lol)
thanks for the help everyone

also heres the link to the page where i got the car let me know if i came out on top with it or not...?
thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
hope that works

Old 01-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Gas mileage gone to 11MPG!!!???

Ok, I probably know just as much as you if not less on this but here's what I think Obviously from what it sounds like its not tuned properly. Im thinking if you're running rich in low RPM's then you do have after market injectors. Also, do you have a fuel pressure regulator? What compression are you running do you know? What octane gas do you use? How do you know that you're lean up top, you said you have no guages right?

Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM

LEVI- yea im running 92 octane. as for a fuel pressure regulator where might this be? compression i dont know, as for me knowing that is is lean it just feels that way like there would be mroe on WOT if there were to be more gas. ill figure that out later tonight once i get the guages installed. ill also look for that regulator thanks keep um coming

Old 01-12-2005, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

On my 93 fuel regulator would be located back towards the fire wall on the left side of engine bay, as for you im not sure. As to what one looks like, just go on Ebay, and type in fuel pressure regulator. Usually you have a guage with the regulator, it would be either on the regulator it self, or some times they are located on the fuel rail.
Talk to Sacicons, Im sure he'd know a ton more about your issue.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Well, I didn't read your whole post, but from scanning it initially, it sounds like the FMU just needs to be properly tuned.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Well, I didn't read your whole post, but from scanning it initially, it sounds like the FMU just needs to be properly tuned.
Yeah, take it to a pro to get everything tuned, and that should fix most of your problems.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:56 PM

oh also one more thing TPS and MAP sensors are flashing codes on the check engine light are they defective?? if so any one know where i can get them for a good price. also found the regulator right on the stinkin fuel rail end! duh me!! anyways if the MAP were to be bad would that allow gas to pour in during cruz pressure on the pedal?? it jumps back and forth during that time at a low rpm when my foot is barly pushin down.
another thing got the boost gauge hooked up im only running 2LBS OF BOOST!! AH! cant wait to get that manual boost controller in tommorrow. as for the air to fuel meter im going to get that hooked up tommorrow also take the cat off and replace it with a straight pipe.
thanks
any ideas or critisism welcome

Old 01-12-2005, 06:26 PM

Well, not sure what to say about your problems, but DAMN - you got a steal of a deal with that car.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

what model is it? dx, ex, cx, si, lx?
is it a dohc motor? vtec?
get it tuned. esp if your going to turn up the boost. most hondas run at pretty high compression, so its easy to screw one up with bad tuning.

Quick Reply: Gas mileage gone to 11MPG!!!???