Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Going Turbo am I going in the right direction INFO PLEASE!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Default Going Turbo am I going in the right direction INFO PLEASE!!!

Hi i hope i am doing this correctly this is the first time.

here is the deal i have been working on my 96 civic for about 4 months now and i believe that i have got everything covered i was just wondering if i am missing anything and also some pointers considering that this is my first turbo, a little on the background of my project i have done a ls/vtec swap and the ones who built the motor did it wrong[:@] so i have done it my way now, and it is correct. My car is a 96 civic ex coupe and i have stripped it down and rebuilt it from the ground up all work done by myself, new suspension and everything it is basically brand new. here is the list of things that i have gathered and installed up to this point for the turbo setup:

List of Modifications:

ยท Spoon Ground Wire Set
ยท Greddy Auto Timer
ยท Greddy Boost Controller Spec B II
ยท Torque Damper Brace
ยท Full Race Stage 5 Turbo kit
ยท ASSCO Light Weight Flywheel
ยท Custom made Clutch (Modified ACT Six Puck) now I can rebuild it
ยท ARP Flywheel Bolts
ยท AC Auto Fuel Rail
ยท Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
ยท Avid motor mounts
ยท Greddy Oil Catch can
ยท Precision Turbo 780cc injectors
ยท New Water pump
ยท Racing rod and main bearings
ยท Eagle H-Beam Rods
ยท Ross Racing Turbo pistons 8.5:1
ยท LS/Vtec oil line kit
ยท Triple layer w/ stainless center Head Gasket
ยท GSR High Pressure Oil Pump
ยท Complete new gasket set
ยท Moroso wet sump oil pan and pickup
ยท Block Guard
ยท Block Girdle (custom)
ยท ARP Head Stud kit
ยท ARP Main Stud Kit
ยท ARP Rod Bolts
ยท External Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator w/ Gauge
ยท GSR Manual Trans
ยท B18B Bottom end
ยท B16A Top end (imported from Japan and rebuilt with 5 angle valve job and port and polish)
ยท ITR intake manifold
ยท Greddy Spark Plugs
ยท MSD Ignition with coil and all
ยท Hondata S300 or Neptune (have not decided yet canโ€™t find enough info on the Neptune system I here it is way better not to mention better priced)

[:-]I may be leaving something out so if you see something let me know.

i have some pics also they are of it before the turbo though. I will add them in, and at the end i will place the turbo pics at this point.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Going Turbo am I going in the right direction INFO PLEASE!!!

sounds like you would have a screaming motor there after you are done but that is gonna cost a LOT of money and would be really sweet if you did it... everything looks up to par just now go do it

Old 07-20-2006, 11:48 PM

well everything is assembled i am in hopes of starting it this next week, i have to wire the turbo timer and the boost controller this weekend, have you heard anything about neptune? i am in hopes of getting it tuned within the next two weeks but i need to know more about the neptune system vs the hondata s300, do you think i am missing anything?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:56 PM

oh also i am still lost on the first start, what would be recommended for fuel pressure and i know that i don't want to run much if any boost on the first start because i need to get it tuned how would i go about that, turn the boost controller all the way down just so i can adjust valves and double check connections etc... are the injectors too much and it is a t3/t4 turbo what boost do you suggest? lots of questions sorry but i have read book after book and artical after artical and still there is so much that i do not know (maximum boost, the artical for boosting the acura integra (can't remember the name sorry it is shown on this forum i saw it earlier, etc etc....)

Old 07-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Recognized HCF Member

with those injectors you are gonna need some kind of baseline tune with the ecu before you will even be able to start the car, i know my car barely started and ran with rc310cc.... turning the boost controll all the way down would be great for now until you can get the car on the dyno... for now i would just recommend leaving the fuel pressure inbetween the stock 40-45psi, if they have to they can adjust all that on the dyno. Its better to have more fuel now than not enough down the road when you want to up the boost, they are basicly tuning the injectors to the engine so it gets the exsact amount of fuel it needs and runs like it did off the factory floor.. and gets you better gas mileage without smoke all the time...t3/t4 sounds pretty good for what you are wanting to do right now..Your motor should be pretty good up to 20psi pretty safetly depending on the tune and way the engine was assembled. but keep in mind 20psi will have some draw backs on the street with lose of traction first couple gears. i would say any were from 14-18psi would be perfect for the streets in your car.

hope this helps

Old 07-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i have heard of neptune and its really good, highly recommend it or hondata s300 which ever place you can find that will install it and tune it.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

there is also a program called crome as well

so your going to be taking the ls motor out and be putting the b18a bottom end in and the b16 top end in?

Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM

so your going to be taking the ls motor out and be putting the b18a bottom end in and the b16 top end in?
The setup is already built and i have installed everything but the turbo timer and the boost controller and the hondata or neptune unit (what ever i decide on) never heard of crome how do i get more info on that?

Old 07-21-2006, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

neptune is awesome. Google it and start reading.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

i dont know much about crome but i know some people who do

i think you can google it and it will come up

crome is free and i heard its good, but neptune is also great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going Turbo am I going in the right direction INFO PLEASE!!!