Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

I know I need to replace part of my turbo, just dont know which part?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Default I know I need to replace part of my turbo, just dont know which part?

i have a t03/ 04 turbo with an intercooler and a blowoff valve. My engine is also running headers if that makes a difference. first my blow off valve sounded way off, not my when my turbo kicks in in second gear it gets to about 5 thousand rpm them like shuts off and my rpms wont go any higher, im wondering if its the turbo itself or somthing wrong with the piping?

Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I know I need to replace part of my turbo, just dont know which part?

No offense man but you sound like you dont know very much about whats under the hood of your car. You dont have "headers" you have a turbo manifold. Im guessing you bought a kit and had a shop install it. I would like to try and answer your question but its written so poorly I cant even understand what your asking. If you want someone to spend more than 10 seconds thinking of an answer to your question you should try spending more than 10 seconds writing it.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: I know I need to replace part of my turbo, just dont know which part?

ya i dont get your drift in what your saying.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:49 AM

Your right I know nothing about it, I bought my car the way it is and I've never owned a car with a turbo before. Anyway I can go through all my gears if i dont give it too much gas, but as soon as i attempt to go very fast it sounds like the turbo just gives out and my blow off valve well go off, There's no shops in my town that know anything about custom turbos so im kind of ****ed. No its not a kit, the engine was completly rebuilt from the ground up. My car doesnt push any excessive black smoke, and im just wondering if its obvious to you guys which part isnt working right because i have no idea.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 AM

fuel cut maybe? maybe your fuel pump can't handle that much fuel flow, might want to check into that. what motor do you have?

EDIT: looking at your picture, it looks like you might have a b16. how much boost are you running?

Old 09-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Have you ever been able to fully push the car, or did you buy it with this problem? It sounds a lot like my problem, like if I floor it, it just sputters and doesn't go anywhwere, but I can drive it under 30% throttle just fine. Does this sound like what's happening to you?

Your best bet is to post lots of detailed pics so that we can see what we're working with. If I had to guess, I'd say that's a SSAC Turbo Manifold, and I'd start looking for problems there

Old 09-27-2006, 11:07 PM

That is actually what is happening to me forty04, and when i bought the car the turbo worked fine, it was just 3 days ago that this happen. Also when this happen, one of my vaccum hoses came off, and my idle was way off, and i replaced the vacuum hose and that fixed that problem, but then after that my car did not have the power it did before and sputtered like you mentioned. Its a 96 gs-r 1.8 litlre engine. Im running about 8 or 9 psi boost. Heres some pictures :

ps i have about 1000 $ free money right now and im willing to spend whatever it takes to fix it.

Heres a front veiw so you cans ee the intercooler.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14455/DC7354FFAA304FF887A434E40A1ACB74.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14455/25104F46D788451E8BF1CBCD6D72BC3A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

give me a good shot from above the engine. I need to see what you are running around your intake manifold.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 AM
HCF Member

Also, give me a shot of your engine code stamped on your block. Its above the transmission and under the distributor. It should say B16A2 or B18C1

It should look somewhat like this:
However, you will be able to see your stamp better.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I would search, and search.....and search some more for leaks. YOu may have had more than one vac line come off, there are tons of them in that engine bay. Check all connections on your charge piping to make sure they look secure. Start the car up, and see if you can feel any air leaking at or around the exhaust manifold.

What are you running for fuel management?

Quick Reply: I know I need to replace part of my turbo, just dont know which part?