Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Just got this CIVIC now I want turbo. Which turbo kit to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Default Just got this CIVIC now I want turbo. Which turbo kit to go with?

I just acquired this 98 CIVIC LX. I would like to put a turbo kit on it. I've added superchargers to my old mustangs and nitrous and all that stuff so I know what I'm doing. But now I want to go turbo with this CIVIC. Which kit do you recommend. I want it to be totally streetable and safe for the motor (not me ). Not a lot of power 180-200hp and I'm happy. I did a search but couldn’t really find anything that specified a turbo kit for LX CIVIC. Thank for all your help! My 1st post and more to come!

There's a local tuner shop that has a XSpower turbo kit for my civic. Anyone have any experience with that kit?

Old 03-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: Just got this CIVIC now I want turbo. Which turbo kit to go with?

Get a T25 turbo from a DSM and use that. You can piece together a decent setup for resonably cheap if you have a lil patience and know what to look for. You can get a manifold for around 300$ used usually. Im sure if you wanna take it somewhere to get it done there are lots of places so post where your from and youll get help soon enough.

Berz out.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Berzerker

Get a T25 turbo from a DSM and use that. You can piece together a decent setup for resonably cheap if you have a lil patience and know what to look for. You can get a manifold for around 300$ used usually. Im sure if you wanna take it somewhere to get it done there are lots of places so post where your from and youll get help soon enough.

Berz out.

Sorry I forgot to add that I'm looking for a complete new kit. I live in Richmond, VA. I've done the peicing game before and never had much luck saving money.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:09 PM

In that case I would go with a Greddy kit. They are complete and perfect for what your looking for. Have fun.. boosted civic FTW.

Berz out.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Berzerker

In that case I would go with a Greddy kit. They are complete and perfect for what your looking for. Have fun.. boosted civic FTW.

Berz out.
I read getting the greddy with the intercooler upgrade is the way to go? Is this true? Anyone know a reputable place to order? THANKS!

Old 03-28-2006, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

ebay...but if you want to get a NEW kit then you'll pay a pretty penny for it. expect 2500-3000 for a new greddy kit. if you're looking to spend that much on a new kit...you might wanna look into a Full-Race stage 1 kit. theyre running around 3.5k nowadays...but have WAY more potential than a Greddy kit.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

Whats a good turbo that give you the most whp per lbs?

Old 03-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

try www.turbokits.com

Old 03-28-2006, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

ebay...but if you want to get a NEW kit then you'll pay a pretty penny for it. expect 2500-3000 for a new greddy kit. if you're looking to spend that much on a new kit...you might wanna look into a Full-Race stage 1 kit. theyre running around 3.5k nowadays...but have WAY more potential than a Greddy kit.

I'm not really looks for a whole lot of power. It's going to be my daily driver to get to work and it's automatic. It has a new transmission but I think 5-6lbs of boost wont harm it. It will probably never see the drag strip. I just want the car to be a litte more fun to drive and maybe autoX with it.

There are a bunch of kits on Ebay - wich ones are junk and what is good?

Old 03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

usually the kits on ebay are junk all around, except if its a name brand. i know pete got a greddy turbo off the net and i think he had good luck with it. i am just learnin about turbos so i cant help you out much, sorry man

im sure there will be more people that will be able to help you, i know i have found it.

Quick Reply: Just got this CIVIC now I want turbo. Which turbo kit to go with?