Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Is this kit everything I need to put install a turbo into My 99 Civic LX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:39 PM
HCF Member
Default Is this kit everything I need to put install a turbo into My 99 Civic LX?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...4506.m20.l1116

Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

Thats a cheap ebay kit, you will run into more problems then solutions. And no you will need many more things to turbo your car. You need to do some more research. Read the stickies in this section for starters. Also stay away from ebay kits...

Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

More or less (you still need some form of tuning software/hardware and a few bits and pieces, but it covers most of the big things), but I wouldn't touch that kit with a 10' pole. I'm just warning you

Old 01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

the exhaust manifold looks good to me looks like a blox turbo manifold. better than the ram horn tyle replicas that are like 1/16" thick...

Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

As was said already, ebay "complete" turbo kits are never complete, and are very poor quality. Tuning is the most important part of any turbo setup. Some people find that out the hard way when they are staring at a big hole in the side of their block. Its better to learn and piece together a kit yourself, that way you get exactly what you want and not some generic "JDM" turbocharger...Its cheaper too!

Good Luck!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM

Don't use that kit.

That kit is everything you need to successfully destroy your engine.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Ebay kits are **** straight up. If you are looking to turbo your car hit me up. I can sell you all you need and good quality parts for a great price. If you are looking for credentials look at my car in the posts.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by turbo00EK
Ebay kits are **** straight up. If you are looking to turbo your car hit me up. I can sell you all you need and good quality parts for a great price. If you are looking for credentials look at my car in the posts.
Watch it. That kind of talking is frowned upon. If you have something to sell, post it in the for sale section. If you don't have enough posts, wait patiently and contribute to the forum until you're allowed access to the proper sections. Follow the rules and we won't have any problems

Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 AM
HCF Member

actually most cases differ, but at the very best eBay kits are a big risk. Sometimes the turbos blow out, sometimes they work fine. Sometimes the manifolds crack, and sometimes they work perfect, etc......but in general you're gonna get what oyu pay for, so just piece the kit together yourself, it'll save you money, teach you a lot things, and the kit will be custom EXACTLY how you want it. And if you want more info from here, read the Nitrous, Turbo, S/C stickies....

Old 01-26-2009, 10:58 AM

what pluming do you need for the oil lines for the turbo ??and how would i go about fitting them,i have an ej2 with a d15b7,i;m gona rebuild the block with wossner pistons and rods but i;m still not upto speed on how to plum the turbo as i wana do the whole rebuild and build myself.does anyone know of anywhere near them that stock or can stock the parts needed??i live in ireland and prices are f**king crazy over here,also if anyone can provide me with a list i;d be very gratefull,i;ll post a few picks as soon as i can i

Quick Reply: Is this kit everything I need to put install a turbo into My 99 Civic LX?