Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

My First Turbo Project...Where to begin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:40 AM
HCF Member
Default My First Turbo Project...Where to begin...

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on turbo charging my 2008 Civic LX. I have never turbo charged anything before. However I know I am capable. I have a mechanical engineering degree that I would hope comes in handy.

What would you recommend to begin with? Should I get an all encompassing turbo kit and just roll with that for now so that I learn?

If I buy say this kit....

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...915/index.html

would I need to get a new ecu? Anybody have experience boosting a civic this new?

How difficult is it to just buy a turbo and and all the other parts individually and assemble my own turbo kit?

Anybody know how many PSI I could safely use with stock internals on the new engines?

Thanks, more Q's to come.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 AM
HCF Member

kit really doesn't look bad at all, pretty expensive, but i'd say get the size/measurements of the turbo, then we'll know how much PSI you can run. If its a 2008 i imagine the engine is pretty new and in good condition, just make sure to get it profressionally dyno tuned after the kit is instaled no matter what.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

I put the wrong link on there. That was to the SI. I have an LX.

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...963/index.html

How much does it cost to get professionally tuned? How much do you think is a good price for all the parts required for a like 7 psi turbo.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

depends on the tuner, $400-$500 for a good dyno tune, but you can find some cheaper, all depends on the tuner and how long it takes though.

Good price? Not really, i mean piecing a kit togeter is cheaper, btu this way is faster and easier. Prolly about half the price

Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

What does anyone know about the AEM FIC tuner? How much tuning can be done with it? Once I get it with a turbo kit, would I be able to adjust it myself? Would I need a high end software package to access it?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

click my name, read every post i made about turbos, and then ask your questions....

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

Will do, thanks.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Do not waste your time buying from procivic.com

Old 08-06-2008, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

piecing your kit together for a new civic like that will be very hard since they are so new and there are few parts. I would get a greddy turbo kit. A turbo timer, boost control, and a wider exhaust would also be good things to have. The turbo timer allows the hot oil to cool down after you have stopped driving

Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 AM
HCF Member

Does that mean the turbo timer keep spinning the turbine? or what? in order to keep the fluid moving?

Quick Reply: My First Turbo Project...Where to begin...