Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

opinion on turbo chargin b18c g2

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Default opinion on turbo chargin b18c g2

Just trying to get honest opinions on if its worth it and if so the any info about it i can find, such as how solid it will be with the comp. ratio. please any help would be great.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Default RE: opinion on turbo chargin b18c g2

First of all, good idea. You're one of the first people I've seen who have actually come up with the idea themselves (no offense to the rest of you out there...) Because of it's CR, even a stock B18C/C1 is quite favorable to moderate boost. Build it a little here and there and you'll be very happy with the results. Bottom line: if you want speed, it's worth it.

I can go into more detail if you want...

Old 02-02-2005, 10:57 PM

thanks man, on all acounts for the info and the credit , if you would suggest a certain few upgrades to reinforce the engines performance in means of handling the boost better that would be keen lol. also a prime turbo system i figured greddy would be the way but if you think there is a better route im open to hear any suggestions

Old 02-02-2005, 11:09 PM

No, Greddy makes a good kit. Their bolt on GSR kit is a TD05-18G, which is a relatively small turbo (good for spooling) but can support up to about 400 hp, which should cover most of your needs. It also comes with upgraded injectors (310cc, I believe) and a fuel management unit, so you should be all set. Stock, it runs around 6 or 7 psi, I think, and will push you up to about 235-240 hp (which the engine should handle fine, assuming it's in good working order). As for rebuild parts, you should be looking for forged rods and pistons first (rings too), then valves, valve springs and camshafts, and eventually it would be a good idea to get the engine fully balanced (if you plan to keep building it and adding boost).

Old 02-02-2005, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

sounds pretty good. im planning on a Greddy kit pretty soon, but we'll see how money is this summer.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:25 PM

once again thank you man the help means allot to me, i plan on getting it rebuilt before adding the new adition of turbo. kinda picking and choosing and allot of keeping my ear out, learning what i can , cause there is allot of bull**** out there about whats best for your civic and what not. sometimes its hard to tell the difference, then we got guys like you i guess ha well thanks again

Old 02-02-2005, 11:41 PM
HCF Member

if youre gonna build it first, then get a blockguard, (get it installed and get it line-bored to make sure it didnt flex the cylinder walls.) and if you go with a full build, dont be tempted by a low compression setup, just so you can run a higher amount of boost. for a street driven car, youll enjoy a higher compression with lower boost more. it wont make the big numbers that you could with lower comp, but itll have less lag and better low and mid range power. and thats what you drive around town with. enjoy, even NA those motors are great!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 AM

sacicons, well thank you i was originaly going to go with higher compres with lower boost but keeping kept finding things that led twards low comp. but as i was saying i was originaly going to look into a b18c5, or b16b. but if you care to further on an engine slection you would suggest in swaping in place of the alread b18 let me know.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Alright guys , same engine new topic a friend of mine just swung by and braught up the fact of right hand drive and thaught the b18c from the GSR would be right hand drive, tried to telling him that its the american model , but he seemed convinced that its right hand drive so giving ht ebenefit ouf the doubt we both have the possibility to be retarded, set me straight please lol

Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM

my 1.3 (dont laugh) has a compression of only 9.0:1 which is rather low, how much boost do you recon i could run before seeing problems??

Quick Reply: opinion on turbo chargin b18c g2