Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Piecing Together a Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 AM
HCF Member
Default Piecing Together a Turbo Kit

I read alot about how piecing a turbokit together is cheaper than buying a kit for say 2500-3000 how much cheaper would you say it is?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:13 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: Piecing Together a Turbo Kit

depends on if you get used, new or what kind of brand of parts. people have put together kits for $600 before.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:34 AM
HCF Member

if i buy used what should i be careful of? and should i look in salvage yards for parts or do they sell alot of used stuff online?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 AM
HCF Member

Do you think i could run this turbocharger on a k20a3 swap or is the turbo a not the right thing? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-G...spagenameZWDVW

Old 08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

your turboing a d17, your going to spend a lot more money than anyone else [:@]

and yea, that turbo would be kick ***, its the one that sov runs and ill be running the bb version of it very soon

ill be angry if you get it for under $200

go read this thread https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_456149/tm.htm
and maybe email the guy with your questions, he knows more about turboing a d17 than anyone in existance probably lol

and good luck with your build

Old 08-25-2007, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

acckkk, when did you get a k20 swap lol

sorry about the d17 post [&:]

turbo will still bea great choice though imo

Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

lol i still have the D17 in there but im putting a lot of stuff in line for a somewhat long term project for my car. First im getting a k20a3 swap and im gonna do it with some of my mechanic friends so i dont have to spend for professional installation. then im gonna slap toget a turbo kit for the k20a3 lol i know its gonna be costly but i have most of the money for everything i just gotta find the time to put it all in and i gotta get the parts lol but im hoping it will all be a really sick swap and everything. i am hoping to get around 230whp and like 195 wtq

Old 08-25-2007, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

lol, you can do that with 9-10 psi with that turbo with a d16 for half the price

i dont know if you can swap a d16 into a 01+ civic though

Old 08-25-2007, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

but is it safe to assume you can run almost any turbo on a car as long as you can get a downpipe for it? and do turbos affect emissions testing at all?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

most likely they will, if you want to be emmisions legal you might have to go with a kit build... because you just cant squeeze that much power out of an emmisions legal 4 banger, once the fuel starts getting pumped to the engine your emmisions will go WAYYY up

my suggestion if you want a fast civic that bad, MOVE lol

and yes, you can run almost any turbo on any car, just have to find the right manifold and downpipe, some turbos are going to require mods to keep your a/c and power steering and some wont, some will MAKE You lose them also.

the bigger the turbo the higher rpm it will start boosting, but it will also give you more power, and it will also be harder to fit without removing things, small turbos are fun for dd'ing and stop light racing and usually can get away with not removing anything.

lol sorry for throwing hte basics at you but i dont know where your turbo knowledge lies

Quick Reply: Piecing Together a Turbo Kit