Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Reaper's turbo 240 project

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Super Cereal Admin

lol jp... you of all people should know I can never make up my mind... look at my last project. I believe it started as a paint job/trans. swap/h22 swap, then turned into a boosted z6 build, then flipped back an forth for a while lol. The difference is now I kind of know what I want (mmmm... b18... *drools*). but good catch. I'm shooting for 250 at the front with the civic lol, I'll have to fix that.

And addiction, trust me, I've thought about the 99-00 conversion, but I really, really like the hood.

It looks like that, except it's for an EK and it's fiberglass. Also, all I really need is the fender and a headlight, I'll have a perfectly good front bumper, hood, grille (both carbon fiber mugen and abs type r), and driver's headlight & fender. I think I'll keep the 96-98 front end and just fix the mugen lip the guy had (fiberglass the back and everything). And I'm not converting the tails either... the guy already smoked the oem tails; they look pretty good

Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well good luck with the car... tho if you try to straighten the radiator support i would sugest you leave the fender off and wait till you have a good fender to put on before ya really start hammering and bending it back.
when i welded in my new support i kinda screwed up and when i welded the top arm back on it was off about 1/4inch or less but off was off when it came to trying to put the fender on....i had to break the weld to bolt the fender on all the way
and actualy i still havent spot welded it back.LOL the fender holds it firm enough for now so im not worried about it. ill weld it before i repaint the car tho.

other than that a hammer and dolly worked great to straighten my bent parts that couldnt be replaced....
definatly get some pics up. and why not ask the cops what the car needs to be street worthy in your area.
LMFAO i was driving mine when it was bits and pieces. LMFAO tho that windshield busted is definatly bad.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Cereal Admin

As far as I know, it needs operational headlights, a secured hood, and a new windshield... but I might as well just spend the $25 and buy a second-hand fender lol (there's a guy near here selling three EK fenders, he wants $75 for all three). But I'm not worried about getting the support perfectly straight, I just want the headlight to fit right (it's the part by the top corner of the headlight where it meets the fender that's bent in)

Old 10-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

that part is easy to bend mostly back. i would drill and break the spot welds on the top arm/fender bolt area and straighten the side inner fender piece and then bolt up the new fender and just bolt the fender to it unwelded.
defiantly just ask a cop before ya try driving it.LOL
mine looked funny as hell but it was legal and i was rocken it hard daily. LMFAO

Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Breaking the spot welds... that's a pretty good idea. I'd have probably just tried to hammer it out the hard way lol... I'll have to give that a try.

Anyway, I finally managed to get some pics uploaded to photobucket... I'll have higher-resolution ones when I get home tomorrow.

Name:  2deer4.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  2deer5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  2deer2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  74.3 KB

*edit: I also forgot to mention, the interior's partially stripped... the pillar trim and headliner are gone, and someone took a sharpie to the roof. I think I'll pull the carpet (and get carpet floor mats... it sounds odd at first, but I've seen only floor mats, and it actually looks pretty clean), and I think I'm going to paint a rising sun on the roof to cover up the sharpie. Just an idea

Last edited by reaper2022; 10-02-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

damnit i want myls swap to be done looks good? <---- yes ?

Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i know what my first to mods would be.... yanking that ugly @ss valve cover repainting it black and painting that header black 1500degree high temp paint asap!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:27 AM
HCF Member

Lol I love the "cold air intake".

Old 10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok reaper i think you need to make a new thread and close this one down once you get the civic.LOL

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Yeah, probably... I tried changing the name, but with this new VB, you can't change the name that appears in the forum list

But the valve cover's getting painted, I'm just not sure what color yet. I want to do like a rising sun, but with the b18b valve cover, it would look funny with the contours of the vc. I might look into getting a b18c vc and shave the lettering and do a rising sun on that one.

(and this was in the other thread, but I don't feel like keeping two threads alive... ) And honestly, it never really occurred to me to change out the windshield by myself. I might just try it... do you have a link to the insulation stuff you were talking about?

And hopefully I'll get the call from the guy tonight and I can buy it tomorrow... I'm seriously worried about him selling it out from under me lol

Quick Reply: Reaper's turbo 240 project