Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

running lean, badly

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Default running lean, badly

so i just got my car out the performance shop, they couldnt even tune it for me cause that had to max out the VAFC-II to add fuel because it was running lean...and still am with a maxed out VAFC on 450cc's w/ an FMU. so what should i do?? ditch the FMU and get a pressure regulator and even bigger injectors??? i cant be running +50% on my vafc, my gas mileage is dead and im still running LEAN LEAN LEAN i was at 17:1 at WOT at redline..im not even gonna drive the car past like 4k until i fix this so i dont blow the damn motor. do i reaaaaally need a new ecu? i need advice ASAP! please help.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:20 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: running lean, badly

IMHO i would ditch the vafc and get a chipped ecu and run crome or neptune on it. the fuel maps might be better for your car from those programs.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

how much boost are you running dude? like 20+ lbs of boost

Old 11-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: VTECivic95
im still running LEAN LEAN LEAN i was at 17:1 at WOT at redline..
My jaw hit the floor when I read that. You are VERY lucky that you didn't detonate. Hell, my tuner was nervous about me running a 12.5:1 on a 4000rpm pull. That **** is dangerous!

Ditch the fmu and vafc, they're crap. Get a chipped ECU and run Crome. Hell, you're driving an eg, you can order a chipped p28 online for probably $150 shipped. Then, put the new one in, and sell your stocker for $125, it'll go for that much easily. Call around town and try and find someone who tunes with Crome and can provide you a basemap to run on until you cna spend some time with them street tuning.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM

ok so chipped ecu? which ecu do yall most highly recommend? and what type of places could tune with crome or neptune? just any ol' performance shop? and what fuel pressure regulator does anyone recommend?

Old 11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

Get chipped ecu QUICK! Im paying the price for running super lean. My pistons are shot because of that.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Get chipped ecu QUICK! Im paying the price for running super lean. My pistons are shot because of that.
yeah, but WHICH ONE, i can barely afford to do **** now because of kit price and install price, what ecu should i get? yay more credit card payments! woooooooooooooooooooo!
i honestly dont understand the whole ecu thing..if i get it chipped will it take over the a/f **** for me so i wont need this POS vafc?

Old 11-08-2006, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

check this site out it will answer alot of your questions. www.phearable.net. I was very confused about this whole ecu thing when i turboed my car but this company took care of me. good luck!!

Old 11-08-2006, 05:40 PM

450s and an FMU!?

If your installer did this, he is an idiot. That is all. I bet that he wired them without resistors, which would be one of the biggest reasons as to why you're running so lean.

Can you see a resistor box anywhere in the car? If not, can you see inline resistors on the injector wiring? If you don't have a clue as to what i'm talking about, take some pics of your injectors and of your engine bay and post them up.

*sigh*

This is why I do my own ****.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Skrapdoggydog

check this site out it will answer alot of your questions. www.phearable.net. I was very confused about this whole ecu thing when i turboed my car but this company took care of me. good luck!!
^ highly appreciated!!

Quick Reply: running lean, badly