Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

some turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:09 AM
HCF Member
Default some turbo questions

so my first question is with a turbo is it better to have a aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator, even if i am chipping my ecu and getting dyno tuned. or will the oem one work fine? my second question is about dumptubes, i dont really understand them? what exactly do they do and are they necessary. also are they just small hoses like a bigger vaccum line or are they large tubes like charge piping. and most importantly will my car still make that sweet noise when i shift if i have one. lol.

sorry about so many questions just want to do it right

Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 AM
Snail'n Admin

Then research cuz you do not know anywhere near enough information to be boosting your car.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:14 AM
HCF Member

i love how that is like the go to saying for everyone on this forum. its king of annoying. has it ever occured to u that this is like research. i mean think about it. when i ask a question and someone answers i find an answer therefore i researched. besides i did research and i couldnt find a good answer.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Snail'n Admin

You know what's annoying? Kids coming on here that can't type in complete sentences without spelling mistakes. Would you like to know what else is annoying? Kids coming on this site expecting us to do the research for them. You and a few other new people on this site have been asking questions that can be found by a little bit or research or using the Search function on other Honda forums. Seriously...use a rubber tube for your dumptube. Let us know how it works. And will your car make that sweet noise when you shift? Are you retarded or are you just that much of a ricer? Either way, you really should fix it. I'm not the only one that thinks this. Do your own research because we will NOT do it for you. Nobody here that knows anything about turbos learned all we did by having everyone give us answers. The internet has a ton of information. Use it. Please stop posting stupid sh*t that can be found by researching, and come back when you have a more technical question

Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 AM
HCF Member

anyone that isnt a dick want to help me out.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Greddy is right, you've got to take charge and start doing the basic research yourself.

Have you even read the stickies at the top of this section yet?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

sorry kid, but you're not going to get anywhere without researching. look, to show you that you really don't know how to search. just look at the first search return on my google search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...be&btnG=Search

Old 07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

first off yes i did read the stickies, but i could not get to the dumptube part on the turbo one. it cuts off at injectors and i couldnt get to second page. and next i did research and find that dumptube page, but id didnt really explain much

Old 07-31-2008, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

stock FPR is fine. a dumptube basically dumps excess exhaust gases underneath your engine, it is a metal pipe that is attached to your wastegate, yes you need one. the sweet noise you mentioned comes from the blow-off valve.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

thank you finally someone that is just willing to help. and i know that the sweet sound is from the bov. just trying to be funny bt saying that. but ya thanks for explaining about the dumptube.

Quick Reply: some turbo questions