Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

super charger installtion question

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Default super charger installtion question

hey, dont need a load of crap about turbo's/superchargers, i have set my mind on a supercharger, my question is for the average person, how long will it take to install a super charger? and since i will have stock internals, how much horsepower will i loose for running low boost?

Old 09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: super charger installtion question

what engine are you running?

the average backyard mechanic can prolly install a blower in a couple 'r three hours.

btw this is in the wrong section...coud a mod move it? thx

Old 09-02-2005, 08:22 PM

damit [:@] i just saw the engine forum real fast, sorry and not sure on the engine, i dont get the car for a few more months, a civic 01 ex i believe...

Old 09-02-2005, 09:10 PM

That would be a D17A2.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

yeah that

youd prolly be puttin low 200s to the ground...i think sniper said hes running ten PSI on his d?

Old 09-02-2005, 10:35 PM

yeah thanks i got most of that though, but how much could i be pushing if i raised my boost to nearly 20 or so...?

Old 09-02-2005, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

mmmm depends on the supercharger...im guessing it will be jackson racing...in whcih case a roots supercharger. id be guessing mid-high 200s. 270ish. but you dont wanna stray above 8 or so on stock internals. i could be wrong with superchargers...like i said i think street snipers runnin 10 psi...but im not sure.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

20 pounds? You are smoking crack. The sweet spot for the JRSC is ~10 pounds. 10psi is the point of diminishing returns. Any more than that and the intake charge would be too hot. The JR set-up doesn't really allow for an intercooler, well, I have seen one but it is as much as the SC itself (almost). Actually I dont' think that JR makes one for the D17 yet. Look around, Vortech comes to mind and there is one other one that I can't remember.

I got the JRSC with the stage 1 upgrade. I thought I would be making ~ 8-9 pounds but apparently (becasue of my free flowing exhaust) I am only getting 6 or so. You shouldn't expect 200Hp unless you do manage to get to 10psi and get a phat *** tune. My best guess right now (for me) is ~ 150 to the wheels with a stinkin 12:1 FMU for fuel management. I hope to get that number up when I can afford a tune.

Also, SC psi is different than Turbo psi. It's more about CFM.

Install is a lot easier than a turbo (from what I understand) but it still took me around 7 hours to do it. I did it all by myself though and ran into a few snags because it was a used kit. You could probably get that down to 5 or 6 if you had a helper and didn't have to keep running back and forth to the parts store. If I did another one, I could probably do it in 5.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper
8-9 pounds but apparently (becasue of my free flowing exhaust) I am only getting 6 or so.
Sniper, what's that all about? Can you clue us in a bit more about the "free flowing exhaust" deal? Thanks.

Old 09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

20 pounds? You are smoking crack. The sweet spot for the JRSC is ~10 pounds. 10psi is the point of diminishing returns. Any more than that and the intake charge would be too hot. The JR set-up doesn't really allow for an intercooler, well, I have seen one but it is as much as the SC itself (almost). Actually I dont' think that JR makes one for the D17 yet. Look around, Vortech comes to mind and there is one other one that I can't remember.

I got the JRSC with the stage 1 upgrade. I thought I would be making ~ 8-9 pounds but apparently (becasue of my free flowing exhaust) I am only getting 6 or so. You shouldn't expect 200Hp unless you do manage to get to 10psi and get a phat *** tune. My best guess right now (for me) is ~ 150 to the wheels with a stinkin 12:1 FMU for fuel management. I hope to get that number up when I can afford a tune.

Also, SC psi is different than Turbo psi. It's more about CFM.
hence the reason most ppl on this site prefer turbos to superchargers

is vortech centrifigul?

Quick Reply: super charger installtion question