Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Supercharged civic

Old 09-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Default Supercharged civic

Hey,
I have just aquired my first civic vti (after years of searching) and was hoping to make it my project car. I have a mini cooper s supercharger and am looking for somebody with experience in s/c ing hondas to give me some pointers (what intercoolers fit easily, who can set it up in the uk etc).

cheers
kf

Old 09-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Default RE: Supercharged civic

you probably won't get that Cooper SC to fit on the honda motor... if you're hell bent on supercharging, sell the Cooper charger and get a Jackson racing Supercharger for the civic... assuming you have a B series and all...

Old 09-19-2004, 04:27 AM
NTX
HCF Member

i think intercoolers are more popular with turbos.......

do superchargers use them?

i'd go with a greddy turbo kit or a jackson racing s/c kit.

Old 09-19-2004, 06:35 AM
HCF Member

The cooper s comes s/c'd stock, so I wouldnt mess with it. Also, It won't fit or be strong enough to really do anything to the civic. Superchargers definately use intercoolers, but you could always go my route and do a water/methanol injection system (it mist water and methanol into your intake to absorb some of the heat prior to going through the blower). There is a UK company that makes it called "aquamist", check them out... read up on it and then make your decision. Jackson Racing makes a great supercharger for the civic

here is the link:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

Old 10-06-2004, 11:07 AM

why would you supercharge a civic? it'll put more strain on the engine than a turbo, and boost pressures differ with engine speed, unlike a good turbo setup.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

your one of those people huh... The powerband for a supercharger (roots/twinscrew style) is awesome. Its not "jumpy", its smooth and boost is INSTANT. There are pros and cons for both turbos and superchargers... its just deciding which will work best with your set up. If your a non-believer then come around my way, i'll show you what they can do.

I bet you're one of those "turbos own!" people who have never had a FI setup in your life, you just go off of what you read on forums. Im not starting a turbo/supercharger war thread... just wake up and realize that there is more than just turbos out there. I've had both and love each its own.

More strain on the engine?? Its actually more efficient that a turbo and your motor will last longer than it would with a turbo. For all out power a turbo is usually the answer, but i'm a 1320 racer myself... instant boost and holeshots are what its all about for me, plus my blower has a unique sound... she whines, whines a like a bitch! You can hear it about 3 blocks away when im at WOT, definately distinct. But I still love the sound of a BOV... **drool**

lets just agree to disagree and get back to the topic. If you wanna talk about it then start a new thread and i'd be more than happy to discuss both sides.