Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Supercharger Or Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
HCF Member
Default Supercharger Or Turbo?

Hi, I live in a place where the speed limit id pretty lo. however I do speed sometimes like we all do [X(]. I am thinking of either a Turbo or supercharger. Now bear in mind I won't be installing this myself, it'll be a garage, so cost of this installation is a factor, which is sheaper to install? Also, its a b16a EG Hatchback. So what brand do you recommend? What other upgrades do I need? Cams? Valves? etc? Whats easier?? I have a decat magnaflow exhaust system and supersprint header and an intake. Thats all the mods i've done at the moment. At the moment I'm leaning toward a supercharger. But VTEC Turbo sounds good too. Will they boost together??

Engine :

Old 01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Default RE: Supercharger Or Turbo?

supercharger will be cheaper. especially jackson racing.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

install may be a little cheaper, but the JR init is a grip. look into a greddy kit, i see them on ebay for like 26-2800 with an intercooler. also, edelbrock makes a kit, im not sure if they have one for the b-series yet, but their kit comes COMPLETE. its more pricey than the greddy though.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 01-03-2005, 08:34 PM

Price range is going to be effected by how much boost you plan on running. If you want to be at say 15 psi then you are going to need to get forged pistons, etc. Personally I prefer turbos to superchargers, even though I've got a Mini Cooper S (supercharged). I just think there is more room to work with with a turbo. From what I've seen, turbos tend to be cheaper then superchargers for a full kit. I've seen a mediocre supercharger kit for about the same price as a Rev Hard stage 2 kit. But go and read "The official Supercharger vs Turbo thread!!!" and read all the arguments on there before you make a final decision.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

do both!
I'm sure it's possible, but WHY? :-D

Old 01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

Both is possible! They had stock cars from Lancia. Called a Delta Intragale. Don't know if you guys get them in the states?
Anyway, I have read the Legend Post that is Turbo vs Supercharger. But I am still not sure. I don't want my engine to blow up thats my main concern. I really don't know about PSI or boost?

Old 01-04-2005, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: hondafreek
I really don't know about PSI or boost
You need to learn otherwise you can scew up your engine pretty bad.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

yeah, its best to know what youre talking about when it comes to forces induction. and Meguirs(sp?) the company that makes the car cleaning things, built an integra type r to run both, on a stock block. the SC ran about 4psi, and the turbo ran about 16.5. so it would spool like hell and then have the top end power of a monster turbo.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Here's some good articles on forced induction to get you started:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question122.htm

Quick Reply: Supercharger Or Turbo?