Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Is there to fix a braided nitrous line???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Default Is there to fix a braided nitrous line???

I was installing my nitrous kit earlier and I accidently bumped the line againest my battery and intake at the same time and it burned a tiny place on the line and it leaks now. Is there ANY way to fix this? I need to have it fixed or replaced by Saturday morning!

Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Is there to fix a braided nitrous line???

You could try to use some JB Weld, but i wouldnt feel safe w.o replacing the entire line.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:34 PM

I was thinking JB weld to start with as well but would it not still seap through the line under the braided part and run out some where else or you think if I get the jb weld down in there really well that it would hold? I just need it to last through one bottle. Then I'll replace the whole line.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

So then just jb weld it. Home depot will have some thick metal tape you could toss over it after ya JB weld it......I dont know tht id trust running nitrous with a broken line......doesnt sound safe.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

just replace it now. you can just shut off the bottle, its not like its going to leak while youre changing it. thats just asking for problems.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:55 AM

ya man, dont' go to the track on saturday like that, putting yourself and other racers at risk. If you can't replace it before Sat, postpone your trip. I know that sux but, its the right things to do.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

just replace it now. you can just shut off the bottle, its not like its going to leak while youre changing it. thats just asking for problems.
x2

JB weld will not hold up against the extreams it will see. On one side it will be warm if not hot because of the engine bay temps, the otherside will be sub zero temps because the n2o going through it.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

Nitrous+patched punctured line= Extreme sketchyness

Old 03-09-2006, 08:11 PM

I went to the shop and picked up a new line. Working great. So Im still going to the dyno and track on Saturday! I can't wait. I have a question though...which wire do I tap into on the TPS sensor? All the directions say is "Run the white wire from the NMU to the output voltage lead from the TPS." There's 3 wires on the TPS sensor though...

Old 03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

just to add to your first post. i did the same thing at the track once. 3 hose clamps and 3/8 fuel line did the trick for me. although it was a temp fix to make it to the semi finals where it gave out.

Quick Reply: Is there to fix a braided nitrous line???