Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo for a 04 civic

Old 05-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Default turbo for a 04 civic

I was wondering how much horsepower a turbo charger would add to a 04 civic ex, where a good place to get one is and also how much it would cost to install? Thanks.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:46 PM

Your first question is too vague. Not all turbos are the same size, and it also depends how much PSI you boost with which turbo, and the supporting mods that the car has. The tune is also important.

Honestly, IMO if you want someone else to install the turbo for you, you shouldn't get one. It's not hard to do, and you need to know what you're doing to even drive the car and maintain it, by knowing what the gauge readings mean and knowing how to fix minor problems that pop up.

You should do a lot of research, and install it yourself. You'll save money, and you'll know exactly how everything works, which makes it all more worth it.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:05 PM
March 2010 ROTM

+1 on everything he just said.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Angry Admin

+1 on being a postwhore

Old 05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

c'mon guys, be more helpful than that....

yes, the first question is very vague, but it is probably worth noting that a lot of media and such grossly exaggerates turbo numbers and people commonly believe its a quick way to double their hp... it all depends on how much boost and if you have not done other internal engine modifications (better pistons, etc) you'd best be pretty conservative on how much boost you run... I'm just going to throw this out there and let someone correct me and call me a moron... with modest boost you'll gain 40 hp... if you want to gain 100, you probably can... and you'll get to replace your engine shortly after.

good place to get one? (people will probably yell at me about this too)... NOT EBAY... there are TONS of generic crappers out there.. Garrett is a good brand, but there are plenty others... read a lot.... here's a start http://www.turbo-kits.com/01-05_civic_turbo_kits.html

I do agree w/ previous post in that you shouldn't pay someone else... take it as an opportunity to get to know your car much better...

also, for what its worth, I would probably put in a supercharger over a turbo... you can't get as much of an increase in hp... but its super easy to install...

also, lots of people love to put cool-guy exhausts on their civics (including myself) even though they only add a few hp... with a turbo, an upgraded exhaust can be a pretty big difference...

Old 05-22-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by rcherr642z
if you want to gain 100, you probably can... and you'll get to replace your engine shortly after.
That's not necessarily true.

I agree with most of your other statements though.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jprommel
+1 on being a postwhore
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:16 AM

okay , well im new to the civic scene and just looking into things. thanks to all.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

yea just edicate yourself fo
and things will start making sense

Old 05-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Angry Admin

edUcate fuсk people are retarded nowadays

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo for a 04 civic