Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo on automatic

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Default turbo on automatic

hey i got an o6 ex automatic and i was wondering what and if i can put a turbo on it and if i can what would i have to do and change out JUST STARTING PLEASE HELP SOS

Old 04-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Default RE: turbo on automatic

also what is all this psi talk i keep hearing what is that remember friends i don't have ne 1 n this town that knows bout imports......u are my only hope

Old 04-17-2006, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

well first off there arent any turbo kits around for the 06s that i know of (i could be wrong). when they come out...the 'kits' will be well over three grand. they wont come cheap at first but eventually people will be selling individual parts so you can piece one together yourself. the things you need to take out are the exhaust manifold and intake. you will need to get a piggyback unit for your ECU or maybe a standalone system, along with some good feul management.

PSI is a measurement of how much boost you are running. it means pounds per square inch. it just means the amount of force exerted on one square inch of an object. air pressure on average is around 14.7psi (1 bar...can go up and down from there 100 millibars or so). general consensus around here is 6-8psi on a honda engine...but PSI doesnt matter as much has horsepower. you can be running 10psi with a small T25 and it probably wont be any more of a strain than 8 from a bigger T3 turbo. in general...honda engiens can safely take about 100% more power than they originally produce...some can take more and some can take less. i cant give you an area you should be shooting for on the new engine just because...well...theyre new. theyre a new series and everything. not many people know much about the new engines.

ps if you had a manual instead of an automatic youd be a hell of a lot faster.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Research man. Do your homework before even considering jumping into boost. I've learned so much over the past few months prepping for my boost project, it's amazing. I figured it was pretty basic, boy was I mistaken

Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

Oh cmon forty......its not THAT hard. Youre just ramming air into the motor, and more fuel......(basically lol)

Old 04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Pete

Oh cmon forty......its not THAT hard. Youre just ramming air into the motor, and more fuel......(basically lol)
It's that method of thinking that will leave you sitting in a pile of broken parts on the side of the highway!

just kididing.. But on a serious note... I suppose theres a lot that you don't HAVE to know. But, IMHO, you should try to know everything you possibly can about something before actually using it.

I am not ashamed to admit that 5 months ago when I got ready to buy this thing, I was a friggin boost noob. But those days are long gone now, I've done my homework

Old 04-18-2006, 04:56 PM

I've heard that turbo is alot of work and headache but once on it's all worth it.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Cat Fuсker

you've heard right...just piecing it together is a pita (in process of doing it now)

Old 04-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: davidjcomeaux

I've heard that turbo is alot of work and headache but once on it's all worth it.
hells ya its hard work put TOTALY worth it in the end

Old 04-18-2006, 11:18 PM
HCF Member

yup. Boost sure is gooddddd.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: turbo on automatic