Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo d17 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Default turbo d17 questions

K here goes nothing..

I dont know much about cars.. i had american muscle when i was younger that i rebuilt myself.. but that was a different story

Im not a mechanic and am very new to the modding aspect of cars.. i currently own an eclipse but am looking at switching over to a civic in the near near future.. but beofre i purchase my first civic im trying to learn what it is i can do to the car to pump out quite a bit of power..

The car will be an everyday driver.. but in the same token im looking at being able to smack the 350z down the street ..

Im trying to learn what it is i need to do..

Unfortunatly i dont understand the tunner talk that some of you display in this forum.. but in the same token i have talked in quite a few forums and this one seems to have people that are actually willing to help a guy when he doesnt understand..

Here is what I would like to do.

I would like to own a car that is fast.. quite fast.. I know there are different options and some limit what you can do to ur car..

I have thought about a turbo.. so i went and read the post on turbo's in here.. for the D17 ( im assuming that is the civic im looking at anyhow 2005 correct?) i think that is the most i know about the motor talk so far.
I understand some of it.. but heres a few questions.. header? intake? exhaust? do all of them work with the turbo.. ? well i know the CAI is out due to the fact that a intercooler is needed.. but there are other things i need to know..

I would like to have over 200whp (wheel hp if i understand correctly) idealy i would like about 300 to the ground and not at the crank.
what do i have to do to run that?.. money really isnt an issue . and you talk about "tunning" can you please explain what that really means please..

I know you are likely looking at this like "man this guy is an idiot" maybe so.. but i need to learn somewhere and i have asked questions in other forums and got no real answer that informed me anymore then what i already knew.. if it would be easyer feel free to add me to msn and explain on there.. or here is fine

djpy@shaw.ca

I thank you for any imput you have and the time you have taken to read this and reply

dan

Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Default RE: turbo d17 questions

and what if im looking at an 06+ does the turbo101 post still apply or is there a lot more i need to know about dumping in a turbo on that.. i was also looking at an si.. any help is cool