Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo kit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
HCF Member
Default Turbo kit Questions

I am getting ready to do the turbo and still need a few pieces before the list is complete.....

My first question is - is it ok to put my larger injectors in now to save me time on the actual build day?? They are RAGE 390cc

Also I was thinking I could save some time and install the IC and piping and just put my air filter on the end until I got the turbo installed (since I will have to pull the front bumper cover off). Would it be any detriment to performance for the engine to have to SUCK the air through the piping and IC since it would not be being PUSHED (ie compressed air) Since intercoolers are not really designed to pull air through them?????

Getting super stoked!!! I'll try to post some pics of the kit soon.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Turbo kit Questions

i wouldnt run the intercooler and an airfilter on the other end or put the injectors in without at least a basemap for them

Old 08-27-2007, 07:01 AM

i wouldn't install the injectors unles you have a tuning device (i.e. safcII etc.) to tune them with. also i definatly would not put the fmic on there and put the air filter on there... tha'ts by far one of the most rice things i've ever seen (and yes i have seen it). just mounting it on there woudln't be to terrible as long as your turbo install comes soon. good luck, what kinda turbo and boostyou plannin onrunnin? and on what engine?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
HCF Member

i ran around for a month with my 450's and no turbo the first time i installed a turbo. i added my parts one at a time as much as i could to keep the variables down. everytime i installed a part i worked out all of the bugs till it was right and then on to the next. then when turbo day came i put it on and had less problems. just make sure you have a way of tuning for your injectors as stated above. you cant just put bigger injectors in without controlling them somehow.

you can also put your intercooler on, it really doesnt matter. it wont hurt the car one bit to use the charge pipes as an intake if you think it will really save you that much time, just watch the puddles cause your filter will be really low

Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

Yea I would only do the IC and piping to save me time on the full turbo install day, which is probably coming in the next month. The car is a 95 ex sedan. so d16z6. the turbo is a mitsu t25, HF mani w custom adapter, "homemadeturbo.com" intercooler from a local guys del sol which he hit a cat with... RAGE 390cc injectors, knock off BOV with mounting pipe (ebay special) all black ic piping with beaded ends 2 1/2 in diameter

Old 08-28-2007, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

sounds like you are pretty much set. what are you using to control the injectors. the stock ecu wont run them without being chipped or an afc

Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

i say you could do vac manifold, gauges, Intecooler (i'd prolly just leave a pipe out between the TB and the IC and put my filter on there, just like a normal SRI), and if you're using the intake piping you have on right now, maybe mount your BOV on there. I'd save any fuel/management upgrades until the final install though (thats my plan atleast)

Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 AM

sounds like all you need now is a tuning device, wideband, possible clutch to hold the power, boost gauge, and a MBC. and you'll be all set. the dsm stock t25 that came in the 2g's is good up to about 250whp at 14-16psi. But on stock (high compression) pistons that are currently in your N/A you'll be able to get that power at half the boost.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
HCF Member

a clutch in really not needed on stock internals on a single cam. any b engine can make enough power to need a clutch, but not d's. i would really get those injectors in and running well before the big install day. its one less thing to go wrong

Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM

but again... i just want to make sure you don't just slap the injectors on there and go run the car.... they need to be tuned!! even w/o the turbo you will need to tune the injectors.

Quick Reply: Turbo kit Questions