Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

yet more ebay kit questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM
HCF Member
Default yet more ebay kit questions...

i brought this up before but i didnt get too many answers on it. And i did do some searching before hand so please dont just chime it to say search. These are some fairly specific questions.

any and all help is very appreciated!

im looking at 2 routes of turbocharging my civic. One being a shop in phoenix that will install a turbo kit and tune it on 7 psi for 1500 bucks. So thats a very viable option but i dont know if the kit is intercooled, or if it comes with any fuel system components, or if my clutch will need upgrading.

so ive been looking at buying a "kit" for the most part and then buying a clutch and getting her tuned and ill probably still end up around 1500 but with an upgraded clutch.

yes i have been looking at ebay kits and i know you do get what you pay for and the turbo would probably worry me some, if thats the case i might just buy a turbonetics turbo or a used garrett. But none the less what i wanted to know was how good are the intercoolers, piping, manifolds, and other things that come with the ebay kits?

ive heard the turbo seals go out on the cheaper turbo's, which wouldnt be good at all. but as it sits right now i can get a full turbo kit with everything needed plus 4 precision 440cc injectors and walboro fuel pump with install kit for 999.

or beyond all this should u just get the turbo and manifold that i need (im going to keep my powersteering and ac, but probably remove the PS later) and then start peicing together stuff later on. Thats why i ask how good the ebay intercoolers and IC piping kits are.

then it comes down to tuning. Ive heard of them, crome, hondata, etc. But what needs to be done with that sort of thing. Do you buy a chip and get it soldered in then tuned or can you buy an ecu with it already in stalled? if so do you still need a tune or can you get a fairly good ECU tuned close to what your needs are already.

Prices on all this stuff would really help. This is a definate budget build. Im looking to throw down about 200hp on my d16y8 without any forged interanals or head studs yet (that will come later).

any help is very appreciated. Links, prices, pictures. Whatever you guys can do to help me out, i got my old race quads motor sold so i got 750 bucks comin in soon and wanna start saving or peicing a kit together.

BTW i have a eagle talon TSI turbo and injectors possibly at my disposal if i talk my mom into it (car has a toasted head).

Old 09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

ebay intercooler and piping is fine
ebay manifolds are known to crack
you get your ECU chipped with a basemap then your tuner makes it perfect for your setup
what full kits are you getting for 1500 installed? thats super cheap and sounds shady
ive been slowly peicing my kit together and i'm $900 in and need to spend $600-$800 more and all my parts are used and were good deals
get ARP headstuds or you could get head lift

Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the info man. Im not sure what the shop is using for parts. I think its a garett turbo but im not sure if its intercooled or what kinda chip they are using for ECU tuning. I called and left both the guys at the shop messages and havent heard back yet. Once i do i will be sure to let you guys know what they say.

By the way im sending you a message hamorhead, dealing with your for sale thread.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

well that company R&M with the 1500$ turbo kit recently put up a new craigslist ad. Here is the part pertaining to their turbo builds...

"Want a turbo installed! I will turbo your Honda/Acura for $1,500 installed and that includes a brand new NOT USED t3/t4 turbo kit
your turbo kit will be BRAND NEW!!! And will also come with a 6 month warranty on the turbo!

Your kit will include:
T3/T4 turbo 50 trim
Front Mount Intercooler
Chrome polished Charge piping
Downpipe
*Downpipe available to keep your a/c in your car as well!
Oil line kit
Oil return line
All Couplers with high pressure clamps
Adjustable Manual Boost controller! "

that sounds good to me!

heres the full link... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/1376575164.html

Old 09-24-2009, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

yea but those arent quality parts there cheap-o
and 6 months isnt that long of time and its only for the turbo
also a T3/T4 is a large turbo and will be laggy thats why im selling mine

Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Chubby Chaser

and also doesnt come with a tune or injectors. or does it mention a turbo manifold. or a bov or a wideband o2
or a boost gauge,

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 09-24-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:58 PM
HCF Member

"All swaps with stock internals will be tuned to 8 PSI of boost" quoted from CL add

Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
and also doesnt come with a tune or injectors. or does it mention a turbo manifold. or a bov or a wideband o2
or a boost gauge,
their myspace page says it comes with everything needed to run. But i bet it doesnt come with any guages or sensors, i would have to buy those after the fact. And im guessing they tune it as good as they can on stock injectors. And it does come with a tune aswell, per their myspace page.

if i went that route id drive the car extremly easy back home and park it until i could get a clutch, boost guage, wideband and ill probably buy a fuel pump and some bigger injectors later on and get it re-tuned.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Chubby Chaser

find out what the brand is of the turbo mentioned.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

just wait and buy everything before you go boost
a retune would be about $400 (at least where im going)
also you could always buy my injectors

Quick Reply: yet more ebay kit questions...