Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

2002 Audi A4 1.8T help

Old 02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

Well done.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
so, 3 post new jack, you spent $1200 in the first six months of owning a 96 model beater? that doesnt qualify it as a money pit? im on the VAG forums, these cars are riddled with problems. how can i be so misinformed when im a VAG owner myself? tell me why i cant diagnose the myriad of common electrical problems on my b5 without a VAG-COM? man, shut up. im in a bad mood and not dealing with german car owner holier than thou drivel today. dont test me on my knowledge of automobiles.
^^^this is awesome.

I had a friend that had a VW about the same year. He towed the car more than he drove it.

Didn't someone else on this forum also have a VW? wasn't it Forty? I remember reading about it and him saying that he also had his towed all the time b/c it was a POS.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Cat Fuсker

VW sucks. Audi sucks even more. Yes, just because it's an audi it IS a money pit.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Hahaha have at Brent. Like I said misinformed as usual. Sorry to say I'm not holier than thou about the audi product.

If you know so much about it then you would know that when I purchased the car the only place that had the control arms was the dealer. It wasn't till about a year later did they start showing up in a groupe package from the vendors for a whole lot less.

Please don't confuse your b5 passat with the b5 audi totally two different cars. They share the motor and basic front floor pan but that is it.

Having to repair something that has a design flaw before there is a recall is just maintaining a vehicle nothing more nothing less. Just because I happened to buy a car that I knew needed them repaired and could get a better price because of it makes that practical. Not the car being a money pit.

As far as the timing belt. It was replaced because it was close to the manufactures recommended time. Since I had no paper work from the previous owner that it had all ready been done, that's just called being smart. Cheaper to replace a timing belt than the heads or whole motor

Do I claim to know it all no. Do I go around like a douche bag telling people not to challenge me about my knowledge definitely not.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
July 2010 ROTM

so, they share a chassis and powertrain, but theyre dissimilar? look, im a nice guy. i noticed that you dont have an avatar or sig, and since youre such an active contributing member and im such a douche bag, i thought i would make one for you. enjoy!
bugg.jpg?t=1298593474

Last edited by MBrent; 02-24-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Cat Fuсker

Now-now kids, let's just get back to typical honda spirit of hating on mustangs.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Hahaha good one Brent. I guess if you can't combat them with intellect baffle them with bull****. I don't doubt your a nice guy Brent I feel I am to.

I just feel every make has there problems.I just think it paints a bad picture to label everything by a manufacture bad just because your having problems with your car.

I had a horrible experience with a Honda car I purchased brand new back in the 90's but I don't go bashing the whole marque because I got a bad product.They have very good cars and suv's for the right people.

Would I purchase another Honda highly doubtful but not improbable if the right deal came along.

Hell I don't even own a Audi right now because of the cost of them to maintain. That doesn't mean I don't want another one. I just haven't liked the direction they have gone with the styling so I go with another marque.

As far as being a douche bag that wasn't meant as a direct comment to who you are but more about your actions. Sorry if it was taken as a direct slam on you.

That is not how I want to be as a person contributing to this forum.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
July 2010 ROTM

thanks for being cool bro, i was just messin with ya anyways lol. i have just had a horrible experience with my veedub that i paid way too much for. i got bamboozled so im a bit jaded.

Last edited by MBrent; 02-24-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: i didnt proofread my post before i hit submit. i used the word "to" out of context. :/
Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 PM

Not a problem. Sorry for your troubles with the car. Being an electrician by trade
and starting out driving fiats I've had my fair share of rewiring things. Sorry you aren't any closer as I would have been more than happy to help you with the wiring of your car. The one thing I have found out with just about any car I've worked on is MOST of the issues have to do with the grounds not being properly
done.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Shandles
Didn't someone else on this forum also have a VW? wasn't it Forty? I remember reading about it and him saying that he also had his towed all the time b/c it was a POS.

Originally Posted by MBrent
so, they share a chassis and powertrain, but theyre dissimilar? look, im a nice guy. i noticed that you dont have an avatar or sig, and since youre such an active contributing member and im such a douche bag, i thought i would make one for you. enjoy!

lol'd my god damn face off

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T help