Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

This is now a Subaru dicussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

World Rally Blue? Is it referred to as Antartic in the books? I never really looked deeper into it, just assumed that WRB was the standard code/nomenclature.

Or did my silly signature quote throw you off? lol

Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

Straight ballin.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by Forty04
World Rally Blue? Is it referred to as Antartic in the books? I never really looked deeper into it, just assumed that WRB was the standard code/nomenclature.

Or did my silly signature quote throw you off? lol
It is WRB. I just think Antarctic Blue sounds better

Old 06-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I concur!

"no, I ordered the antartic blue super sports wagon with c.b. and optional rally fun pack!"

Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Forester STI. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

*edit: Also, I want to throw this out there for those of you who aren't aware. The WRX STI is more accurately a WRX "STI edition". STI is Subaru's motorsports division, similar to Ford's SVT. You can put STI parts on a non-STI car without being a poser or a ricer. STI parts are available directly from Subaru for most of their cars (I don't believe there's STI parts for the tribeca, but I could be wrong); they're not limited to just the Impreza WRX STI. (And yes, that forester STI is completely OEM and was built by subaru exactly how it's shown in the picture. It's a pity they were never sold in the US market)

Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM
shawty

Originally Posted by reaper2022

OMG can I haz?!?!!?!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

That last impreza u showed us Forty was funky to say the least. The headlights and hood killed it along with the grille

That wasnt yours was it? You said "heres a throw back", or something like that...if not then disregard this part

And omg that legacy wagon was soooooooo nice Turboed and all, damn sexy car right there. I like it a lot

But i agree with you on the whole not aggressive enough hood scoop Reaper. Shouldve had an option for a bigger one like the 03-05 imprezas wrx's had mmm sexy.

*Edit: omfg that Forester STI is gorgeous! Where were they sold at? Just europe? That is a really nice lookin wagon

Last edited by Kenny-g; 06-16-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I know Japan got 'em for sure (obviously), and I'm pretty sure they were sold in Europe.

I don't think a huge scoop (like you see on WRXs) would look right on a 4th gen Legacy, but they need something more aggressive than what Subaru put on them.

Actually, that brings me to my next point... I die a little inside every time I see a subaru with a FMIC. Heat soak is non-issue, and the scoop allows for more than enough air to get to the intercooler. On top of that, the engine bays look weird without an intercooler sitting behind the intake manifold; you have an extra 7 miles of charge piping and everything else with a FMIC. Oh well, I guess personal preference is just that.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Well i agree with you there. It tends to look odd but with that legacy it doesnt have the bigger scoop so theres prolly less room on top for that intercooler set up right? I know that the imprezas are set up that way and the engine bays just look cool with that intercooler up ontop :rolleyeys:

Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Actually, there's the same amount of room; the top-mounted intercooler doesn't actually protrude into the hood scoop. I think the biggest reason Subaru went with a smaller scoop on the Legacy is pure aesthetics.

Quick Reply: This is now a Subaru dicussion