Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!

What do people have against.............?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:28 AM
HCF Member
Default What do people have against.............?

Question.....What do people have against Nissan? It seems like a good company to me...makes "some" pretty good cars like the Maxima(Oh man I love that Max!) & Altima...the Sentra..I don't know about that....BUT the Pathfinder seems pretty decent for a SUV...especially the older models(late 90's).

Ok..Nissan may not have the engine space & easy installation of parts like Hondas have...but their cars are VERY reliable & last as long as Hondas.

Mitsubishi is another story tho....

P.S: No I don't work for Nissan...Just saying there's been alotta dirt thrown on their name & wondering why.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I'd beg to differ in the reliability category, although Nissan isn't terrible. I just don't see nearly as many early to mid 90's Nissans around as I do Hondas from the same era.

I personally don't have anything against them, I'm just not a fan of their styling (interior and exterior), nor have they ever really "wow'd me" with any of their cars.

Also, the Drift scene is to Nissan what Ricers are to Honda, resulting in a tarnished name.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Cat Fuсker

Need I mention the cursed transmissions of the early gen maximas that you love so much? I don't know of a single 2nd gen with a slush box that doesn't shift like crap by 100K miles...if it's still capable of shifting that is. Or the notorious oil leaks of the first two generation altimas. Or the rear end issues of the first two generation pathfinders... need I mention the Sentra SERs eating their own intake manifolds?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM
July 2010 ROTM

nissans look skanky

Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

I'm not defending Nissan..but all cars have an fault or an issue with 1 part or another..even Honda...such as the faulty seat belts on early Accords(accords with the flip lights anyway), or the rust-eating issues with 4th & 5th gen civics on the rear fenders.
I could understand maybe a Sentra someone don't like(crappy design overall) or an Altima(interior looks so simple & plain it can be mistaken for an American car.)...But the Maxima has plenty of leg space(all gens after 89) & enough HP that it don't even seem like a family sedan, I know it weighs alot but I guess that's why it needs all those horses.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

4th gens only rust on the east coast. Had two so far, lots of friends with them. Mine never had rust. Only one of my buddies does, and his is a florida car. =P

Nissan is not a bad company. They do fairly well. They are just a very bland company. They only have one real car that sticks out - the 350z, or the new version ( i forget the new number.. ).

Old 11-24-2010, 08:16 PM
HCF Member

370z
lol

Old 11-25-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
They only have one real car that sticks out - the 350z, or the new version ( i forget the new number.. ).
Yes, it's now a 370Z. Not a fan though.

Ummmm.... the GTR R35 doesn't stick out?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The R35 is close to $100k for a car that can't even be driven to its full potential without voiding the warranty. Congratulations, Nissan.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

"Yes, it's now a 370Z. Not a fan though"

You surely mean the new Nissan Cayman. Seriously, look at the fender flaring at that thing from the back and it's like the late-birth twin. And fire whoever designed those tail lights.

Quick Reply: What do people have against.............?