Default sundays submissions

i call this love drunk,.
Name:  DSC_3136aabb.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  155.0 KB
Name:  DSC_3133aa.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  111.3 KB
the second one i call the bumper rack all taken straight from the camera,hope you enjoy these.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

As cool as these shots are, they're getting a bit stale already. Is this the only type of photography you do or is it just what you're into right now?

Certainly not hating on your work, it's just that the style and subjects are getting worn out quickly

Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 AM

I just recently traded my ford truck off for a new 2010 honda civic,showing pride for my ownership I joined this honda site and thought I would share my passion for photography,even though this is the photography section of the website,I used to post my pictures at the ford site and had a very great fan base of people who enjoyed my regular posts,as much as I did taking them,some individuals copied my pictures to hang in their bars,and dens,I have no problem with that,. My only problem I have to date is the large amount of individuals on this site are so critical of everything,like they get off slamming other peoples opinions or views and likes,I have come to realize really quickly here you just can't please everyone,you'll have viewers looking at your work admire it and even questioned my methods,and I'm always happy to help or give advise,But of lately I'm finding this site full of imature kids,who have very little good things to say othe than to take the time to critizise others work,. When posting my pictures for others to enjoy or to give inspiration to others to create photographic collections using long exposures,I take pride in all my work done thru the camera lens with no computer enhancing at all, yes perhaps thats my style,I'm 47 with a heart condition ,I'm a candidate for a ICD, I have type 2 diabetes, my love for photography is my only source of exercise getting to these places and making copies for free and giving them to the owners of these old relics is a great joy to them ,who show off my prints to all their friends,and its a joy for me to do as well,to date I have not made a cent on my prints,.
My old fashioned upbringing has always been if you had nothing good to say or something very construction to add,don't say anything,I have viewed many other peoples images posted on the net,some complete garbage,amatuerish, how would they feel if I conveyed my thoughts to them,my pictures are becoming stale,then don't ****ing look at them anymore and stop being a dum ***, your ignorance does not stoke your personality up but more likely amuses others on how crass you can be,you won that award,something you can look back and appreciate later in life I suppose.
you need not to reply to this comment,My pride for my car and this site has been over shadowed by too many ignorant and juvenile people on this site to carry my interest anymore,time too lower my head and delete myself from something I thought would be a great experience,you moderators should be ashamed of your service,the idiot that replied to one of my earlier post complaining about the long *** sentences,get a life jerk.coming here to check updates has always been a 80/20 percent chance is something been said in a rude way,I'm truely sick of it,and wish I could warn others of joining this site,so good luck to the rest out there to a constant barrage of brash scarcasm and little to none actual co-herant dialogue.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 AM
HCF Member

woah dude take a chill pill for a sec. he wan't bashing you in any way he was just purely wondering if you had the ability to take other kinds of pics

Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM

"there getting abit stale" - " style and subjects are getting worn out quickly" - is that not sounding like bashing too me, dude,take a chill pill is exactly the type of commentary I get here, this is a automotive website,showing you pics of relic cars is just one aspect I thought gear heads would rather see,you want flowers and pansies, water and rocks, who really joins a car club to see landscape,you can see that on a photography website.I certaintly take photo's of other things,christ if I have the grasp and knowledge to take long exposure trick photography ,I would like to think I have the mind skills to take other types dude,Don't worry dude I'll be taking my stale worn out style and subjects and share with other grown-ups ,time to take my chill pill,.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

You must have missed the part where I stated how cool your work is, and that I wasn't trying to hate on it in any way.

My inquiry was simply based on the fact that you've obviously got some talent, and that I wouldn't mind seeing some other forms of your work.

But if you want to put your cranky pants on, then by all means, have at it! You want crass?

You keep pointing out that these are "straight from the camera" and that theres "no photoshopping done." Is this a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks? Do you not care to learn the ways of technology and computer enhanced images? IF so, that is fine by me!! My mom is the same way. She takes pics better than anyone on this forum (or, just about any forum I've ever been on) and she's never fed a single picture through photoshop.

I guess us "kids" need all the help we can get.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by polarbeardiggers
some individuals copied my pictures to hang in their bars,and dens,I have no problem with that
I would be shot if I tried to do something like that... but yet, I live in a "college town" type area.

My only problem I have to date is the large amount of individuals on this site are so critical of everything,like they get off slamming other peoples opinions or views and likes
Welcome to the Internet and welcome to a public forum where people enjoy the freedom of expressing their opinion.

But of lately I'm finding this site full of imature kids
Remember, you joined a Civic forum, there will be "kids" on all of them.

you moderators should be ashamed of your service,the idiot that replied to one of my earlier post complaining about the long *** sentences,get a life jerk.
I'm not sure if the rules of the site have anything against something like this........but the fact that you are now name calling which brings it to a personal level and falls under the category of either harassment or bashing.... or both, which is against the rules I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

coming here to check updates has always been a 80/20 percent chance is something been said in a rude way
You are being defensive when you think this type of stuff. As stated previously, forty was just asking a question and you snapped. You think we are harsh and sarcastic? Go over to ClubRSX.com.... or better yet ziptied.com and let us know how "we" compare.

Originally Posted by polarbeardiggers
"there getting abit stale" - " style and subjects are getting worn out quickly" - is that not sounding like bashing too me
You think those statements are bashing? LOL Those are comments regarding the same d@mn types of pictures you take over and over again. And those (comments) are true in my opinion. Bashing is more or less when it either starts to get to a personal level with no reason, or when people consistently make fun of you (personally) throughout the forum (not just that one thread).

Oh and BTW, way to scare off anyone else that was even thinking about replying to your thread(s). You can go ahead and type another huge paragraph again that I can pick apart because that was fun. Remember, admins and moderators can ban you, I usually tread lightly when around them since I do enjoy this site and would like to continue posting here. Calling them out as a whole, or individually isn't the best of ideas IMO.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-29-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

Man dude.. its incredible how you can totally flip out on a simple comment... and you call other people immature..

I think your pics are pretty cool.

I really REALLY doubt Forty04 ment what he said in a bad way. i believe you took it in totally a different way. I think your just having a bad day or something... cuz wow. lol

btw i lost my place like 3 times reading that paragragh LOL

Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

Holy cow dude... I was not expecting that giant paragraph lol. I thought it was a legitimate question from Forty04 and not a negative criticism, but hey, thats just my opinion. Maybe you just interpreted it wrong or something... well, welcome to the forum!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:53 PM

Trust me, Polarbear if Forty was bashing you it would be alot worse. I have seen worse by other people than saying that your photography is stale or worn out. Your pictures are good, but he's right. Just because we are a car forum doesn't mean we are all about car photography. I am on Canon Camera Forum. I love taking pictures of landscapes, and everything else. But im on a Honda Forum because I (used to) own a honda. But i post pictures on here for others to see where i live and to see what i see.

Don't take anything personal on what people say about your photos. I have been bashed ALOT worse for posting some of my photographs on my other forum. Just take it with a grain of salt and walk away. It only matters what you think of the photo, and nobody else. Thanks for posting your pictures. They are interesting, and of a different point of view than i am used to. So what kind of camera do you use?

Quick Reply: sundays submissions