Photography Talk about photography, digital photos, cameras, and more

A time before honda'a

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Default A time before honda'a

this was a time when people had to wear fur coats to drive in the winter and most likely top speeds of 35 mph,not like our new honda's now-a-days right,?
Name:  DSC_9648.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  81.0 KB

Old 06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
shawty

wow thats amazing!!!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 AM

thanks,got really lucky on the focus and star trails in the background,and the motion blur with the trees gives it extra punch pus the lighting in general is ok,thanks for looking.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 AM
shawty

it looks fake like a painting but still amazing

Old 06-15-2010, 09:25 PM

you see the extra light flash by the two headlights,thats the camera picking up my flashlight as i spray the headlight and dart away as quick as i can before i get ghosted in the shot,,there's alittle work involved ,but when everything comes together the final product is rewarding.thanks for looking and commenting.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Amazing pic. What kind of shutter speeds are we talking about to get the stars to streak like that?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 AM

its not the shutter speed as it is more of the longer exposure i think this one was close to 5 minutes to get those star trails,if you aim for the north star and hold open for at least 15 minutes you will get all the stars circling the north star,.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I thought exposure was determined by shutter speed and aperture? I mean, I could definitely be wrong about it; I'm still extremely new to the world of DSLRs/SLRs.

The north star thing sounds really cool though

Old 06-16-2010, 08:16 AM

when your dealing with long exposures your camera will be set at bulb,meaning once you hit the shutter it stays open until you hit the shutter again to close it,some camera require a wired remote or wireless remote to do this successfully,that part takes care of the speed part,the second is your aperature or f/stop and that really is determined on your location and how much light you want to enter the camera the lower the number the wider the lens will be open the higher your fstop the smaller your lens will open to,-will you be in the city out of town in the countryside,are there any light posts or yard lights polluting your image,those are the calls you make while preparing your camera for the shot,is it cloudy or clear skys,giving you a choice to change your white balance for proper color on your final image,there are no one settings that be given,like the aurora's anything past 30 seconds will burn in to the surrounding sky muted,and sometimes those things only appear for a few minutes at a time,.its a fun process somethin I enjoy doing at night-now a days everyone is so paranoid if they see some pointing a camera in their direction,thats why I stick to the solitude of darkness to make my shots come alive.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Ahh, okay. That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanation

Quick Reply: A time before honda'a