amazing yes?!?

stay away from my beer you *******!
Name:  IMG_2531s.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4755s.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  114.6 KB

beastiality! ha actually that spider near my beer is the same one on this bottom pic.. he is on the right. doing his thing.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: unoffical photographers thread

we randomly caught a baby black racer.
Name:  IMG_4789s.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  51.4 KB
it woudln't eat in captivity though. we tried a pinkie, crickets..wouldn't take anything, so after a couple days we let it loose to catch it's own food. those racers are picky nervous bastards

Old 09-22-2007, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

Maybe am sick,.. But the longer you look at those tarantulas, I begin to like 'em... They're ****in detailed and smooth, actually...[&:]

Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 AM
HCF Member

that's how it is. i was really nervous with them at first. would jump at the sight of some loose house spider.

eventually i got used to feeding and cleaning tarantula cages. it become like second nature, and all fear disapears.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

Maybe this is the way to fight my panic attacks.. I suffer from agoraphobia.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 PM

just came back from a white water rafting trip. this place was only about an hour away and the scenery was amazing. im planning a trip back up there towards the end of october to do a hiking/biking trip and take pics of the foliage. im excited

Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

just came back from a white water rafting trip. this place was only about an hour away and the scenery was amazing. im planning a trip back up there towards the end of october to do a hiking/biking trip and take pics of the foliage. im excited
sounds cool. i've never really been white water rafting..but have been on a few rides that are similar haha. seems like a lot of fun.

went up to st. lucie, florida one day to hunt for tarantulas. there aren't any naturally occuring ones too far to the east past the mississippi river. a number of years ago, there was an outbreak of a particular species from central america that was thought to be due to someone releasing them into the wild. they can do very well with the climate of south florida and wound up spreading out. didn't find a single one though! [:@] the state was working to exterminate them all, so there is a chance that none are around, or very few at least...i think it would be hard to find every single one. never went back because it sucked driving an hour and a half one way to find nothing. this was the best pic i took while there...no critters, kinda grainy, but i like it.

Name:  IMG_4241s.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  42.7 KB

a couple critters that even some tarantula keepers shudder upon sight.

Name:  IMG_4640s.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  128.0 KB
if that ^ bit me, i'd probably have someone take me to the hospital. wouldn't die, but centipedes in the genus Scolopendra have potent venom. that one was pretty big.. about 7 or so inches long.

Name:  IMG_1352s.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  78.7 KB
anyone from texas will recognize this little bugger. Centroides vittatus..commonly called the striped bark scorpion. this is a gravid (pregnant) female. the sexes of this genus are easily distinguished by the tail segments. the females have shorter segments, and the males have longer segments.

male
Name:  IMG_4135s.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  54.9 KB

they were both collected at barbara bush elementary/middle (i forget) school in san antonio, texas.

the female above gave birth..but something was wrong. they were premature and in some prebirth membrane.
Name:  IMG_4860crop.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  76.4 KB

and i guess last but not least, a nice pic of one of my favorite species.
Name:  IMG_2475s.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  141.4 KB
female Psalmopoeus irminia from venezuela. this one was captive bred here in the states..venezuela is just where they are naturally occuring.

haha i have hundreds and hundreds of spider pics..maybe by the end, i'll have converted some people. [8D]

Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

Ok,.. ok.. I like tarantulas.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 AM
HCF Member

- jeeeesh, I feel like I got 'm crawlin all over me right now.....heebie.......jeeebie, must admit, as much as they creep me out I am fascinated, any pics of a brown recluse?, I've seen the damage they can do to a human - xgrafcorex real name is Peter Parker

Old 09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

Peter,.. If you join FEAR FACTOR, you probably would walk out with $50,000......

Quick Reply: unoffical photographers thread