Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Accord Commercial---Neat!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 AM
HCF Member
Default Accord Commercial---Neat!

Hope this isn't a repost...

Honda commercial

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time
exactly as you see it. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.

In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the Film on British television, they're shelling out
enough dough to keep and One of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most
downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply
in "free viewings." (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation -including the costs.

There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) are parts
from those two cars. The voiceover is Garrison Keillor.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.
http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/HondaAccordAd.htm

Old 05-23-2006, 09:30 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Accord Commercial---Neat!

this is from 2003

but it's still good

Old 05-23-2006, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

id never have the patience to do that. thats pretty sweet.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

Its been posted here multiple times but to say the least, its still a great commercial. It is called "Cog"

Old 05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

I remember it from British tv ages ago, I dont believe those wheels could roll up a slope like they did.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

Sorry that it's a repost...I did a search for it so someone must have put it under some weird title!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Stinky Administrator

its still a great vid

Old 05-25-2006, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

yeah thats pretty cool, I think some of it is probably edited though.. if thats real then thats pretty impressive

Old 05-28-2006, 11:08 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

its a repost but its still a sweet video

Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Sorry to bring this back, but I love this commercial!! I searched to see that it was already on here. Too bad it for an Accord though. Oh well.

Quick Reply: Accord Commercial---Neat!