Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.
View Poll Results: A poll
Looks good now do the other lenses!
14.29%
NO buy some black/clear euro lights with colored led bulbs.
14.29%
MAY look good if sanded and buffed.
7.14%
HELL NO put em back stock.
35.71%
clean the tint off any only half tint like them on the fence.
21.43%
keep inners dark and half tint the outer lenses
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Attempting to tint tail lights. does this look good or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default Attempting to tint tail lights. does this look good or no?

what would you guys do?

i thought this stuff would look realy good.... BUT after spraying 10 layers of this tint spray stuff it doesnt look to hot due to it looking like orange peel.
not sure if i should wait and try sanding them with some 2000grit sand paper and trying to buff em up to shine.
or ditch the whole idea and use some thinner and remove and buff the plastic back to a shine back to stock....

BEFORE

mid process half sprayed
with flash

without flash

done spraying middle tails, total 10 layers sprayed.

with brake lights ON

PLEASE WHAT DO YOU THINK?
its either tint all or stock or black euros
but either way i already want to use brighter colored led bulbs!
picture of the other black/clear euros i was looking at when i got my civic.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Attempting to tint tail lights. does this look good or no?

ill also eventualy be removing the civic and EX emblems
and also once i figure out HOW TO remove the honda symbol i also want to paint it black and snap it back in.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Can't say much on the lights, I tend to like what you have, (or had.) But do what you like, it's your car.

On the Honda emblem, it's easy to take off. I just got my fingernails behind it and pulled, but my nails are fake, so they're stronger... if you use something, use like the dull edge of a butter knife so it won't scratch the paint. When you pull it off, it's gonna leave little nubins behind that you'll have to pull out (I use pliers.) This means that you can't reuse the emblems, you'll have to buy new ones, since the little nubins are what secure it in place. The emblems run about 18-20 bucks at the dealership. I'd suggest, if you really want to do this, to buy new ones FIRST and paint them to make sure you like how it looks, before removing your current ones.

Oh, depending on how your civic emblem is stuck on there, can I buy it from ya? If it's stuck in like the emblems, then I can't use it, but if it's just sticky stuff, I can probably finger out a way to use it.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

you might get pulled over for the tint lights cuz it looks like you can bearly see them..but i like all of them....

Old 07-05-2006, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

looks good the way it is now. It looks like you deleted the side lights. If you tint the rest of the lights, it would be illegal and you would get pulled over pretty quickly.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i think you went way to dark, try like a 35 percent

Old 07-05-2006, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32
it would be illegal and you would get pulled over pretty quickly.
I had blacked out lights for about 5 months and I never got pulled over. (Not sayin you're wrong, just sayin I'm lucky, is all)

Old 07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

Shiny > Blacked out. i say keep them stock, but IF you decide to tint them don't do it so dark, about ½ of the darkness you have now would be better

Old 07-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

so ya think if i left them they way a pictured them up on the fence that would look alot beter?
i had them sprayed about 5times when i took those pictures..... then total 10 coats when i was done. i just dont like em so bright.... im going for a more blacked out car....
when i do get rims i want black rims with a polished lip. very MINOR bling

but either way when i do the tint ill definatly put in some brighter colored led bulbs which will show thru realy nicely! and at night it should look fine to cops...

and plus they sell black outs for tail lights and headlights/parking lights.... so dont see why tinting them alittle wouldnt hurt them to bad..... BUT at least i dont have any inspections here in indiana

ALSO SORRY didnt realize i messed up the poll..... i got it worked out right now so please vote!

try to get some opinions before i decide what to do any further.... but either way ill have to lightly sand the tint on the lenses and buff them to a shine.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

I would not go as dark as you did, you say you went with 10 coats I would maybe try 5 to 7. Do a write up on it as far as what you used and how you went about it including taking the tail lights off and we can put it in the DIY section. Good job though and keep up the good work

Quick Reply: Attempting to tint tail lights. does this look good or no?