Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Bumble Bee Eats Sh**

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

I can jsut imagine the Cop's thought process lol

"Ah man! Gotta get to that call!! Wait.....was that Optimus Prime and the autobots?? Hold on, where's Bumblebe---*CRASH*"

Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jprommel
see what you're missing here is that the street was NOT obviously closed.
i'm sure a movie like transformers would close a street, otherwise there would be cars coming down all the time which will mess up the film or raise the risk of a crash like this even more. which means there must have been some type of sign or barrier preventing other drivers from entering the street.

nonetheless, i will agree that it is OBVIOUS that it wasn't obvious to the stupid popo that the street was closed for a good reason

Old 10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Angry Admin

did you even read the article?

Old 10-14-2010, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

^ no article was posted unless there is one on the video my iPhone doesn't show but here:

"Law enforcement sources tell FOX 5 that he was driving to a call for a su****ious package incident nearby and was using a different radio channel than the police officers who were securing the perimeter for the movie.

Statement from the Metropolitan Police Department:

"Earlier today, a MPD marked cruiser responding to an emergency assignment, collided with a vehicle involved in the filming of a movie at Third Street and Maryland Avenue, SW. The officer sustained minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital. No civilian injuries have been reported.

The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the facts of the crash and filming of this movie on closed DC city streets has been suspended until safety procedures can be reviewed.""

What's your point? There was OBVIoUSLY popos securing the area. Maybe not well but the stupid popo still wasn't suppose to be there...

Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

But seriously, we get it, you're obviously a hate filled kid that had a bad experience with the police, or maybe even a serious problem with authority in general.

Police officers have to react to situations quickly and efficiently. He most likely knew that that was the best route, and some dumbass movie being filled was the last thing on his mind.

Sidenote, does anyone actually say "popo" anymore? Is it making a comeback?

Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM
HCF Member

^ lol, nope, I'm actually clean as a whistle and get along fine with law enforcement. I'm just wondering why it seems that you guys aren't placing the blame on the cop who wasn't suppose to go through there?

And I just happened to say popo in the first post and felt like being consistent

My point is simply that the officer did not respond efficiently, he didn't even get there...

Last edited by theblackpearl; 10-14-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

He chose the correct, shortest distance to the scene. In the heat of the moment, he was more concerned with doing his service than some movie being shot.

We're not blaming the cop because he was just doing his job. Accidents happen.

Continually referring to him as "the stupid popo" is just silly, and immature.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:30 AM
HCF Member

I love it when people around me on forums or face to face talk **** about police (not implying anything to black), just in general. How they say they are so racist and ou to get hondas and stuff, what's funny is my dads a cop. He's the 2nd highest for our department (deputy chief), so I keep my mouth shut when people sit there and talk about how stupid cops are and stuff. But everyone now days is so damn self centered they think every thing a cop does is just to them. They think a cop pulled em over for their exhaust just because they were a honda and the cop hates them. Cops are there to serve the public, they pull over the people with loud exhausts because people complain when they are trying to sleep. They do things to help out other people, not just target an individual just because they can. Most people that complain about cops being stupid and stuff are people who are too egocentric to realize that cops aren't there to target single people and are there to pick on people, what they do is for the well being of others. And I'll admit I've had some encounters with police, mainly with my car. Speeding, exhaust, etc. But I don't give officers attiudes (unless they disrespect me which only happened once when I got in trouble for skating), because I respect them for what they are out doing. jWhen I got pulled over for my exhaust being kinda loud, I knew it was illegal when I bought it, and I had no reason to get mad at the police officer for doing his job. People just need to realize that everythings not about them and everything we do has consequences on other people, whether it is good or bad. And police officers are out there to help prevent things we do from creating bad consequences to other people.

Ranting is fun.

Last edited by Scott53092; 10-15-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 AM
HCF Member

I agree that he may have chosen the correct and shortest distance, but I sure hope that if I need an officer's assistance that he will stay calm and collected to properly address the situation, especially if it's a potential bomb in a mysterious package we're talking about.

I will also admit that my choice in terminology may have been to aggressive and silly. I chose to use polo to keep the conversation light, which obviously backfired lol; and I guess I should've said rash instead of stupid.

Basically, streets are closed for a reason, and even though a police officer has the right to bypass the closure,'he should understand that there is a reason it's closed and drive accordingly, which when I watch the video it looks like he's hauling *** in a "dangerous" area lol

And I do understand that accidents happen, but IMO, blame should follow so he would hopefully stay calm next time and not get "heated"

And if you think I'm immature for making these assumptions, then so be it since this is a forum and it'll be hard to convince someone otherwise

Old 10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
HCF Member

@Scott

Why yes, ranting is fun lol

But if you are directing that at me, please reread my posts, I never once generalized about cops being stupid, I focused on the one cop in question. I have interned a the local municipal courts and have been close to many officers and prosecutors as well, and I know a lot of them are great people trying to help society, but I'm not gout to turn a blind eye towards those I know who do abuse their power.

Quick Reply: Bumble Bee Eats Sh**