Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

First time beatin on the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 PM

Well geez that was slow. What was the point of this video?

Old 12-02-2009, 02:58 AM
HCF Member

rofl super, those pics are great.. not sure how fast i hit 60, I gotta take it out again cuz that vid was obviously pretty ****, i'll give it another go maybe tonight

Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

if its a mostly stock d-series, you're looking at 8+ seconds 0-60...

Don't go out flooring it with a camera in one hand just to prove how slow the car is, please.. Everyone starts somewhere and theres no shame in being slow for a while.

Enjoy your car, you've got nothing to prove

Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 AM
HCF Member

^ Forty.... your much to mature for this thread, you make us all look bad.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It's cause i'm old as ****

Old 12-02-2009, 06:50 AM
HCF Member

^how old u b? ur not 50 are you? and to the op take the rpm higher your car won't blow up and you will be faster... panzy!

Edit: o wait i forgot you don't have v-tec you might not be faster anyhow do it!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

i get a 0-60 i 9 secs timed it down. not alone tho 1 other person not that it makes much of a diffrerence.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Forty04
if its a mostly stock d-series, you're looking at 8+ seconds 0-60...

Don't go out flooring it with a camera in one hand just to prove how slow the car is, please.. Everyone starts somewhere and theres no shame in being slow for a while.

Enjoy your car, you've got nothing to prove
yeah, exactly. thanks. but i just lodged the cam in my steering wheel, so i didn't have to hold it.

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
^how old u b? ur not 50 are you? and to the op take the rpm higher your car won't blow up and you will be faster... panzy!

Edit: o wait i forgot you don't have v-tec you might not be faster anyhow do it!
yeye i know, cam was infront of the tach tho, couldn't see it. still learning!

took moms 08 elantra out for a quick spin, about half way through, i stopped accelerating, then passed someone
elantra

Old 12-03-2009, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

Ah the D series, when you first get it it'll feel quick but trust me, you'll get bored of the little power fast lol. And your first time beating it?! Driving gets boring to me so every once and a while comin' home from school or whatever I'll let her rip, gotta get those rpms above 6k, do a mini me swap so you can have vtec yo! Drove a friends eg hatch with gsr swap, made my car feel like an electric scooter. Can't wait til summer so I can either swap or turbo!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:30 PM
HCF Member

yeah scott. i don't have a license or anything yet, i'm waitin til after winter, and the car isn't registered cuz there's no point in paying insurance if i don't have a license. i just snuck it out real quick and let her go. and no, i'm already sick of how slow it is lol. it accelerates so slow. what exactly is a mini-me swap? during the winter I'm fixing up all the little broken things and and what not, mostly cosmetic. then after i learn more about engines and **** I'll do a swap. just not sure what i want

Quick Reply: First time beatin on the car