Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Friggin Ouch!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Friggin Ouch!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Misha

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Kinda not sure where 5 gals of coolant and 8 spark plugs went
Are you sure you trust those guys?
The motor has to go through that to be broken in. Notice the 2 oil changes along with it not to mention they are porcshe/ mercedes mechanics. One of them worked on hondas before, I belive they are over-qualified in my opinion.
Frankly, it's the first time in my life I hear the motor has to go through 5 gallons of coolant and a set of spark plugs to be broken in. But I don't do racing motors, though...
FYI the break in is going to crap up the coolant. Coolant needs to be flushed out when breaking in a motor. Frankly, you would be an idiot to reuse coolant. Unlike your Si, mine has a nasty tendancy to run over twice as much heat as yours does. The break in which afterwords will require new spark plugs (obviously you dont know how much a turbo'd car is affected by bad plugs) and also require crap dino oil during the break in to utilize proper wear. All said and done the new spark plugs will be put in along with fresh sythetic oil. Ultimatly and often, many heavily modified and not to mention smart car owners change their plugs every other oil cycle. After all they are only at most (in most cases) $12 a set for decent plugs.

Would you like me to answer any more brain busters?

Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the info. I guess it's enough for today.

But I might want to ask smth else tomorrow, if you don't mind

Old 12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
HCF Member

no problem

Old 12-19-2006, 12:08 AM
HCF Member

Oh, dont forget, the car has ZERO collant in it and its not too outrageous for that amount if you think about it.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:21 AM
HCF Member

So the company that you bought the built shortblock from sent you a dirty motor? Wtf?

Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Frankly, it's the first time in my life I hear the motor has to go through 5 gallons of coolant and a set of spark plugs to be broken in. But I don't do racing motors, though...
I'm actually on my 4th set of plugs since I went boost. Two sets fouled out due to running a rich as hell basemap, and one set wasn't quite gapped tight enough, and you never re-gap plugs IMO.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

So the company that you bought the built shortblock from sent you a dirty motor? Wtf?
They sent me a shortblock that was dirty on the outside. I wasnt so pleased. Im hoping that its nothing and will perform as Import Builders has been swearing up and down.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:22 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: Forty04

I'm actually on my 4th set of plugs since I went boost. Two sets fouled out due to running a rich as hell basemap, and one set wasn't quite gapped tight enough, and you never re-gap plugs IMO.
hey at least you all can find plugs for your car. i went all around town at my install at every auto shop and they didnt even have one step colder plugs on hand. but hey we didnt need them that weekend.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

hey tyler, have you got your car running yet????

Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

Remmy whats your total end cost of the car? I spend $6100 on it, we prob could have combined and got a new SI.

Quick Reply: Friggin Ouch!!!!!!!