Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

How do I transfer video from camera to my computer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Default How do I transfer video from camera to my computer?

I just bought a sony DCRHC30. Now I want to know how to transfer video to my computer for editing and whatnot. Also, what program should I use for editing?

Old 10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How do I transfer video from camera to my computer?

^ good question, id like to know also.

Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 PM

Ill start off by saying, hello since im new here.

You transfer video from your camcorder to your computer thru a USB or a Firewire cable. Pretty much all computers have USB, most of the newer ones have firewire and usb.

If you bought your camera new, it should come with a CD that should have a program to use to upload/stream your video to your computer.

I have a sony DCR-PC105 and after you install the program and driver from that cd all i have to do is plug the usb in the computer and camera and then open that uploading program (mines called imagemixer). From there I record chunks of the video that i may want to edit. After I get all the video recorded I just use Windows Movie Maker to do basic editing.

MegaUpload.com is great for sharing large videos, i think putfile.com has a 10 mB max?

hope that helped

Old 10-27-2005, 12:11 AM

thanks for replies. I figure it out. I did find a cd that cam with a camera. Among a whole package of thing included, there's a program, called VCD maker. It basically gives step-by-step instructions on recording a video

Old 10-27-2005, 01:35 AM

I personally like Adobe Premiere 6.0

Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 AM

First of all, I believe you need to have a video capture card in your computer, then you can download the video from your camcorder.

You can use either USB or Firewire ports to download through, but Firewire is the fastest.

I've tried editing with Adobe Premiere 6.5, but found out it was way too much to learn for what I wanted. I switched to Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus, and it's very fast and user friendly. (Pinnacle was started by a few people that worked on Adobe Premiere, but realized there was a need for an easier editing program.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

First of all, I believe you need to have a video capture card in your computer, then you can download the video from your camcorder.

not really, I already did a test video and it transfers just fine through USB. Now I just need to DL pinnacle studio

Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

I've tried editing with Adobe Premiere 6.5, but found out it was way too much to learn for what I wanted. I switched to Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus, and it's very fast and user friendly. (Pinnacle was started by a few people that worked on Adobe Premiere, but realized there was a need for an easier editing program.
Adobe Premiere 6.5 bites. It has some strange bugs, that is why I am still using 6.0

I have used Pinnacle and it is easier to use but if you are serious about doing video editing then you will out grow it pretty quick and will want more. That's when you step up and learn Premiere. Not easy to learn, but it rocks once you got it down.