Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

My first photoshoot - TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
HCF Member
Default My first photoshoot - TL-S

So my friends Dad decided to sell his TL-S, and asked me to not only detail it (I detail for PT work), but also to sell it.

Sounds good, I say! So I decided to get some pictures! Unfortunately camera settings made a number of great day shots incredibly grainy, so most shots are in low light. Driving around looking for spots offered a chance to get to know the car, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

It does 70 in 2nd, rides very smoothly for a "sport" suspension, and is very tight handling with minimal road noise. He's selling it because its front wheel drive and hates the torque steer, but compared to my 'vic it felt almost non-existent. It accelerated very quickly and was fun to enjoy for the night. The only cons I noticed were rough shifts in "manual" mode (as par for the course for many cars with this feature) and some massive understeer. Overall, it was a lot of fun.

Check out the pics, and feel free to comment! I'll be posting the car up in the next week or so for sale if you happen to be interested.

Lows:

Highs:

On the business end:

Old 09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My first photoshoot - TL-S

****!!!! TL projectors are some of the best in the business... very nice.. i want one

Old 09-04-2007, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

Yeah they're good stuff. I love the bi-xenon, but the light patten it throws is a bit wierd. I love my TSX projectors too...I think they're a little crisper cutoff then the TL's. Either way, the TL's are so bright that my eyes have trouble adjusting when I flicked on the highs on a dark back road. Gottta love it!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bakertime

Yeah they're good stuff. I love the bi-xenon, but the light patten it throws is a bit wierd. I love my TSX projectors too...I think they're a little crisper cutoff then the TL's. Either way, the TL's are so bright that my eyes have trouble adjusting when I flicked on the highs on a dark back road. Gottta love it!
The TSX projectors have some of the shaprest cut off's out there, the only one that i can think of off the top of my head that is better for a single Xenon is the S2K's but with the Bixenon's they are deffinately different then halogen high's and lows, but they light up sssssoooooooo much better

Old 09-05-2007, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Wait.. do you have a TSX retro in your car? or do you have a TSX?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

TSX Retro...I did it a few months ago. It's by no means perfect (which is why I didn't post about it, haha), but I love the output.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 AM
HCF Member

looks great

Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 AM
HCF Member

The TLs are such nice cars, its on my list for next possible car.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

TSX Retro...I did it a few months ago. It's by no means perfect (which is why I didn't post about it, haha), but I love the output.
Sweet. i only need a few more things to get my A6 Bixenon retro done. Post up some pics of your retro i would be really interested in seeing it, did you post on HIDPlanet.com forums any?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

Thanks Marty!

And for the pictures, I never got around to taking any good ones. I'm not really satisfied with it because the one doesn't perfectly line up with the hole in the front of the projector, and is also farther back from the front. Rotationally, somehow one of them got off a bit when I was putting the housing back together, but thankfully it's almost not noticeable while driving. Since I didn't have the benifit of the stock aiming in a reflector, it made for a tricky time. I'll try to get some pics up sometime in the next week or so.

That's sweet that you're going with the Bixenon, I'm looking forward to seeing how you did it. Did you have the pleasure of making the wiring harness yet? Haha, that's always fun.

Just found this shot from my cell phone. You can kind of see how the steps in the cutoff aren't quite the same height.

Quick Reply: My first photoshoot - TL-S