Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

New Lip

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Lip

ORIGINAL: D16Punk

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

you are such a copy cat! j/k yeah, your car is starting to look like mine minus the hood.

what can i say, if you have the same taste in cars as me, then you have good taste!
Haha, I know. I loved your car, I dunno if you remember but awhile back I emailed you about your grill. I loved the lip on your car. I want to get fogs aswell, but I want to black house them, I wonder how hard that would be to do.
you prolly pm'd me, i just either forgot or didn't look at it. is your lip polyurethane as well, or is yours abs or something?

prolly do thefogsthe same way as the head lights, just with fogs, that sounds like a good idea for looks, but the visibility would reduce a lot. i just didn't feel like messing with such nice factory parts.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Looks nice, are you gonna keep it that color or match it with the car?
Keeping it black, like the look of it.

EJ6Buddy:

The lip is polyurethane, and you responded to me about the grill and everything lol. I have it all saved. Yeah, I thought about the blackhousing and it would probably kill the lighting aswell, whatever I'm sure the clear foggers will look nice.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

^ huh, i guess i did then. lol. and the thing is... i'm getting black rota slipstreams in 15's, so ours will look even more alike! lol

Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

FYI, black housing headlights dont "kill the lighting" , exact same set up as OEM, distribute the light exactly the same.....lol just lettin you kno that.............i like the lip alot, how much was it?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

in all honesty i think you should paint the lip to match the car.....

looks sick either way though

Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

FYI, black housing headlights dont "kill the lighting" , exact same set up as OEM, distribute the light exactly the same.....lol just lettin you kno that.............i like the lip alot, how much was it?
Thanks, I'll definetly look into it. I remember you blackhoused your tails, what stuff did you use? The lip was $89 shipped off ebay.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

not true ^

i was talking about repainting stock housings. in head lights, you paint everything but the reflector plates that reflect the light for the most part. in a fog light, the entire assembly is basically the reflector, so therewill benothing to project the light but the bulb itself if you paint them, therefore "killing the lighting". but you could smoke the lenses to give a slightly darker appearance, and won't hurt the light output as much as painting them.

just a little "FYI", not to be mean or anything, just letting you know.

ej6

Old 03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
HCF Member

i do like them painted better BUT the black does go with your car and headlights so its ok to leave it.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:05 PM

i love type r lips. your car looks great!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

oh my bad, i read it wrong...i tohught you were talking about the black housed tails you buy off of ebay lol i have those and the light was actually better distributed than the stockers....i apologize for that. And i used "Nightshade Tint", got it off of ebay for like 9$, its best stuff you can get........and 89 is a good price i may have to look into one of those, im not sure how itd look on my car but it cant hurt lol

Quick Reply: New Lip