Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

novice school pics...mmm snow...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Default novice school pics...mmm snow...

well today was pretty interesting to say the least...woke up at 5am and got to the staduim around 7ish because of traffic and bad weather. i drove there with my crap tires cuz i didnt feel like putting on my steelies last night so i ended up changing to my steelies when i got there. the lot wasnt plowed or had any salt so it was real slick. we still went at it doing drills and all that jazz. we first talked about all the saftey, rules, etc about autoxing. then we actually went out and did figure 8's and ovals for about 10+mins each. i learned ALOT about how my car handels in super slick conditions and now i kno what to do and esp what not to do. after that we did slalom drills, about 5 times thru a couple slaloms. def learned alot and know exactly what to do when racing thru a slalom. i thought i had it before but i was completely wrong...after that we hit lunch then came back to do full course runs. we got about 15 or so runs thru a pretty large and fast course. it was def. interesting with the conditions we had to deal with and i think when its dry out ill be more confident in myself and what my car can really do. gotback home around 6ish, was a long but fun day...all in all it was worth it and i learned a great deal of very usefull information. i just cant wait for the next race

anyways here some pics i got..btw i believe this school was setup be a subie forum or something so thats why their mostly subies..
conditions when we got there...
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  24.8 KB
takin all the junk out and doin tech inspection
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  59.3 KB
doing the figure 8/oval drills
Name:  10.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  25.9 KB
the instructors wanted us to have some fun with e-braking and it also tought us alot about how to control the steering and throttle when having the back end slide out. very very usefull information fo sho
Name:  19.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  22.6 KB
after luch the full course was setup, snow melted in some spots which made running the course interesting. having important braking spots covered with snow, have a slalom all with slush, and having just wet spots in various areas...
Name:  28.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  36.0 KB
all the cars that ran lined up before running course
Name:  30.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  65.4 KB
2.5RS goin into one of the most tricky spots of the course..
Name:  32.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  42.4 KB
subie eatin some cones lol
Name:  35.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  45.9 KB
wagon spinnin out
Name:  45.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  48.8 KB
Name:  48.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  47.2 KB
gettin sideways with AWD..
Name:  52.jpg
Size:  49.4 KB
Name:  60.jpg
Size:  43.3 KB
bimmer had some traction issues, rwd+hoosier race tires=no good lol
Name:  70.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  48.5 KB
weee!
Name:  81.jpg
Size:  44.4 KB
i didnt get any pics of the rx-7 running...it also has some traction problems. he couldnt do the figure 8/oval and slalom drill but he did do the course. couldnt get pics of him running tho since he ran at the same time i did...coupleother ppl were taking pics so if i get those ill post the ones of myself and the rx-7 running.

i highly suggest taking a novice class if u want to get into solo. u learn a lot in the day and it'll def. save u alot of money in the long run. i cant wait to do it again and i def. cant wait to race

Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: novice school pics...mmm snow...

Drifting on the snow is always fun

Old 03-07-2007, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Messing around in the snow like thatdoes help a lot when driving on bad roads. Ever since I started hitting up the parking lots Ive been a lot more confident and have been handling the snow better. Looks like you had fun!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

snow drifting in WRXs is teh coolest. especially in wally world parking lots.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

thats awesome man, how much was the school and was it just one day? looks like it was a blast

Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

thats awesome man, how much was the school and was it just one day? looks like it was a blast
this school was $250 and its just 1 day. prices vary for each school and each level but normally they dont run more than $200. this particular school incorporated stuff from both Level 1 and Level 2 schools. i'll prolly be doing another Level 2 school on april 1st. even tho i learned alot at this school, i'd really like to learn in "normal" racing conditions(IE: dry pavement).

Old 03-07-2007, 11:23 PM
mxs
HCF Member

LOLLLLLL you guys, I can't believe you had a driving school in that weather.... that's not going to help anyone in the regular season! poor people on SLICKS... [&:]

was that an Evolution school? ($250 seems pricey for something regional)

Good luck with the April school, you'll probably get a lot more out of it [8D]

Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Eun

Rx-7s are sweet. too bad you didn't get the chance

Old 03-07-2007, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

i was thinking not to attend one next week...
45 bucks for 26 runs....my daily driving tires wont take it...

after seeing this thread...i ll go for it!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I want one..
Name:  48.jpg
Size:  47.2 KB

Quick Reply: novice school pics...mmm snow...